X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ole Gunny has died

R. Lee Ermey has died.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...1Xr?li=BBnb7Kz

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by phil74501 View Post
      He had was few actors had, presence.
      More than his movies, I liked his documentary's, which he conducted with a sort of sceptical morbidness. In a very funny way, nor taking himself too seriously. I will dearly miss him, he was one of the most under rated actors.
      In the league with William Holden and Ernest Borgnine.

Comment

Originally posted by Konzev View Post
        More than his movies, I liked his documentary's, which he conducted with a sort of sceptical morbidness. In a very funny way, nor taking himself too seriously. I will dearly miss him, he was one of the most under rated actors.
        I agree with your comments.. I also enjoyed his parts in movie and television.
        No one will ever top his Drill instructor part........

Comment

His most memorable famous scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Konzev View Post
            An excellent comparison.

He was a great man and a solid actor; I wish he had been able to do more.

Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

RIP Gunny you will be missed.
              Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Snowshoveler View Post
                  His most memorable famous scene.

He wasn't acting, he was the real thing.
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                    He wasn't acting, he was the real thing.
                    Yep he was born ready for that role.

Comment

One of my things I always wanted to do was meet him in person. RIP Gunny.

The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

RIP Gunny, Thank you for your love of country, service to its people, and for the great memories you leave us with.
                        Gods Speed!
                        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Rest in peace, Gunny.
                            "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

He was something that you can say about few people in entertainment, genuine. Yes he presented a contrived facade but he let you know through his body language and tone that underneath that there was a more fundamental truth. The psychological is very effective, it is irreverence for or satire of the rigid structure and discipline that we naturally rebel against but simultaneously is necessary for our survival in a world of unavoidably suffering. It could be described as the opposite of naivety combined with a rugged humor.
                              We hunt the hunters

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X