Paranormal TV shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Von Richter View Post
    ..There's a ghost of a dead pilot who haunts the Watch Tower at East Kirkby Heritage Centre. He's seen walking into the building at night and teacups have been heard mysteriously rattling..
    With cameras everywhere nowadays I'm surprised a real ghost hasn't been captured on film long before now.
    HEY WAIT!- suppose a ghost (including that pilot) looks as solid and real as a living person, how would we KNOW we were looking at a ghost?
    So for all we know there are ghosts on film everywhere but we can't tell they're ghosts.._

Comment

• Originally posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
      With cameras everywhere nowadays I'm surprised a real ghost hasn't been captured on film long before now.
      And what conclusions do you draw from that fact?

HEY WAIT!- suppose a ghost (including that pilot) looks as solid and real as a living person, how would we KNOW we were looking at a ghost?
      So for all we know there are ghosts on film everywhere but we can't tell they're ghosts.._
      Then the entire "field" of paranormal study has gotten it wrong. As usual.
      The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

This is a classic example of those in the paranormal field, drawing up conclusions with no facts, and making excuses to deflect valid questions.
        "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
        Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
        Mark Twain.

Comment

With cameras everywhere nowadays I'm surprised a real ghost hasn't been captured on film long before now..
          Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
          And what conclusions do you draw from that fact?...
          Two possible conclusions spring to mind-
          1- Perhaps cameras can't see ghosts, only human eyes/brains can.
          2- Perhaps plenty of ghosts have been caught on camera but we can't tell they're ghosts because they look like completely solid humans.
          For example after Jesus rose from the dead Mary Magdalene wanted to give him a big hug, but he said-
          "Don't touch me, for I am not yet ascended to my Father" (John 20:17)
          which could mean that her hands would have gone through him and she'd have freaked out.

But later when he appeared to his disciples he said to doubting Thomas-
          "I'm real, look at my wounds and touch them" (John 20:27)
          so it seems he rose as a ghost, but later got a new body and returned as solid flesh and blood.
          PS- even angels apparently walk among us looking exactly like humans-
          "Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels unawares"- (Bible:Hebrews 13:2)

Comment

Two possible conclusions spring to mind-
            1- Perhaps cameras can't see ghosts, only human eyes/brains can.
            2- Perhaps plenty of ghosts have been caught on camera but we can't tell they're ghosts because they look like completely solid humans.
            Or perhaps there aren't any ghosts? Why wasn't that one of your choices?

You just proved my point about how believers are closed-minded, or, at the least, narrow-minded and looking only to confirm their bias when it comes to this kind of stuff.

I'm not angry with you, it's not a big deal, but you're starting to read like a broken record. I won't post my usual broken record meme, as that's reserved for the liberal whingers in the politics section. But...yeah.
            The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
              ..Or perhaps there aren't any ghosts? Why wasn't that one of your choices?..
              Yes you're right, I should have had that as an option, and I could have also added an option that ghosts might be aliens..

BTW- returning to what I said earlier about ghosts possibly being indistinguishable from humans, I can recall at least 3 films that had that as the main theme. We sit through the whole film assuming they were humans, but all is revealed in the final scenes.
              One such notable film of that kind is 'Ghost Story' (also known by the stupid name 'Madhouse Mansion' in some countries); A young guy believes his big country house is haunted, so he invites two of his college chums to stay with him, one is a paranormal investigator but the other is just an ordinary chap.
              They decide not to tell the ordinary chap that the place is reputedly haunted, and let him find out for himself.
              SPOILER ALERT- He does see ghosts, friggin loads of 'em, but thinks his two pals are pranking him, so he decides to play it cool and not mention it..

GHOST STORY IMDB- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071791/

Comment

Yes you're right, I should have had that as an option, and I could have also added an option that ghosts might be aliens..
                Which, to be completely fair and balanced, could be a possible explanation too.

BTW- returning to what I said earlier about ghosts possibly being indistinguishable from humans, I can recall at least 3 films that had that as the main theme. We sit through the whole film assuming they were humans, but all is revealed in the final scenes.
                One such notable film of that kind is 'Ghost Story' (also known by the stupid name 'Madhouse Mansion' in some countries); A young guy believes his big country house is haunted, so he invites two of his college chums to stay with him, one is a paranormal investigator but the other is just an ordinary chap.
                They decide not to tell the ordinary chap that the place is reputedly haunted, and let him find out for himself.
                SPOILER ALERT- He does see ghosts, friggin loads of 'em, but thinks his two pals are pranking him, so he decides to play it cool and not mention it..

GHOST STORY IMDB- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071791/

Comment

• Another possibility is that ghosts are a life-form in their own right..
                  They may have had solid flesh-and-blood bodies once, but have evolved into purely spiritual beings.
                  For example we could speculate that one type of such a life-form is the so-called "demon" type, which seeks to implant itself into human minds in order to bend the victims will to its own.
                  We can of course easily tell if somebody's hosting one because we can hear it talking sh*t through the host's mouth..

Comment

Another possibility is that ghosts are a life-form in their own right..
                    They may have had solid flesh-and-blood bodies once, but have evolved into purely spiritual beings.
                    For example we could speculate that one type of such a life-form is the so-called "demon" type, which seeks to implant itself into human minds in order to bend the victims will to its own.
                    The thing with this is...how does the actual physics work? How does a flesh and blood being evolve into a purely spiritual being without using magic? How does such a life form implant itself into human minds without using magic? How would this stuff happen without violating any laws of physics?

We can of course easily tell if somebody's hosting one because we can hear it talking sh*t through the host's mouth..
                    I'll give those people the benefit of the doubt and just assume they're asshats to begin with.

Comment

• Time for some BOC.
                      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

• The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

..How does a flesh and blood being evolve into a purely spiritual being without using magic? How does such a life form implant itself into human minds without using magic? How would this stuff happen without violating any laws of physics?..
                          "Magic" (if it exists) is simply a part of the scientific laws that we haven't fathomed out yet..
                          And if a flesh/blood creature evolves into a malign spiritual entity ("demon"), that might simply be evolution at work, or don't you believe in evolution?

Both Judeo-Christianity and Islam acknowledge the existence of "demons", so it's not a new idea.
                          They seek to implant themselves in empty human minds-
                          Jesus said- "When an evil spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it.
                          Then it says, 'I will return to the house I left.'
                          When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order.
                          Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there." (Matt 12:43-45)

That's why Jesus urged us to mindmeld with him to get him into our skulls to act as a bouncer to keep the nasties out..
                          "On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you" (John 14:20)

Comment

"Magic" (if it exists) is simply a part of the scientific laws that we haven't fathomed out yet..
                            And if a flesh/blood creature evolves into a malign spiritual entity ("demon"), that might simply be evolution at work, or don't you believe in evolution?
                            Absolutely, as well as the scientific process.

Both Judeo-Christianity and Islam acknowledge the existence of "demons", so it's not a new idea.
                            Don't care. Lots of people believe in lots of things that haven't been proven. What I care about is how the scientific process of evolving into a spiritual entity actually occurs.

Comment

..What I care about is how the scientific process of evolving into a spiritual entity actually occurs.
                              Nobody knows, because the process can't be understood by our human minds. Jesus spelt it out-
                              "You hardly believe me when I tell you earthly things, so how would you believe me if I told you heavenly things?" (John 3:12)

And Paul spoke of how WE automatically evolve into purely spiritual life-forms if we make the grade-
                              "So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable...it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.. flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Corinthians 15:42-50)

The transformation of beings from flesh and blood into spiritual entities also crops up regularly in sci-fi, like in this Star Trek episode-

Comment

• If you pay attention you'll see something.
                                Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X