Paranormal TV shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phil74501 View Post
    ..I am not of Choctaw decent, I am part Comanche.
    Good for you mate..
    "The Comanche Religion..included the profound or religious thought that the universe and every common item creatures, plants, trees, waterways, mountains rocks and so on have souls or spirits"
    http://www.theamericanhistory.org/th...-religion.html

It parallels the bible-
    God said- "I fill heaven and earth.
    ...Every animal of the forest is MINE, and the cattle on a thousand hills.
    I know every bird in the mountains, and the creatures of the field are MINE,
    for the world is MINE, and all that is in it" (Jeremiah 23:23/4, Psalm 50 10-12)

Comment

This thread is starting to be like the aliens built the pyramids topic in Barracks we had years ago.... that just went in circles, and more circles.
      "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
      Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
      Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
        Christians LURV the truth..-
        Jesus said "Everyone on the side of truth listens to me. ("John 8:32,John 18:37)
        "..no lie comes from the truth"- (1 John 2:21)

So when Jesus said- "..even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father" (John 10:38)

why shouldn't we believe him? His 37 miracles are pretty good street cred.
        And he said WE could do them too, how kool is that?..
        IF what he did actually happened. IF. I sympathize with your side of things, but as of now, 2018, there is absolutely no shred of evidence that any of miracle was performed.

I believe very little without some sort of evidence to back it up as fact.
        The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

If your cattle were being messed with, wouldn't you want to open-mindedly explore EVERY possible cause including aliens?
          Once all of the normal explanations have been exhausted, THEN I would address a possible alien scenario. Not before. Ever. That's being open-minded. Claiming it was aliens before and instead of addressing any other possible causes is closed-mindedness.
          The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
            This thread is starting to be like the aliens built the pyramids topic in Barracks we had years ago.... that just went in circles, and more circles.
            That's the nature of these paranormal discussions.

Comment

Actually, these discussions have evolved with the revelation by one poster that religions are another form of "paranormal" activity.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Actually, these discussions have evolved with the revelation by one poster that religions are another form of "paranormal" activity.
                Perhaps a more accurate description of the paranormal/supernatural would be "Superscience", a type of science that we know nothing about.
                Remember, Jesus said WE could do miracles like he could if we knew how.
                Perhaps even a simple prayer is "thought-pressure" that can influence reality?
                Speaking of close-mindedness, a guy who ran a wargaming site said a few years ago that he was very worried because his wife was seriously ill, so I asked him if he'd like me to ask some Christian groups to pray for her, but surprisingly he replied "No thanks, she's got people around her looking after her" whatever that was supposed to mean.
                I never knew what happened to her because the site later closed down and I lost touch.
                What do you ACG skeptics think, was he a lousy husband for refusing "prayer power", and what would YOU say to Christians who offered to pray for an ill relative of yours?

Comment

What do you ACG skeptics think, was he a lousy husband for refusing "prayer power", and what would YOU say to Christians who offered to pray for an ill relative of yours?
                  I'd say thanks a bunch, times like that, you need all the help you can get.
                  The long toll of the brave
                  Is not lost in darkness
                  Over the fruitful earth
                  And athwart the seas
                  Hath passed the light of noble deeds
                  Unquenchable forever.

Comment

I don't care if someone wants to pray in that manner, it does not harm. It doesn't really help, either. I prefer, however, that the actual work of helping those in need be done by those that actually do the physical work to help them. Not bending a knee to a imaginary bronze-age sky god begging for help. Not my style, and it will never be my style.

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                      I don't care if someone wants to pray in that manner, it does not harm. It doesn't really help, either. I prefer, however, that the actual work of helping those in need be done by those that actually do the physical work to help them. Not bending a knee to a imaginary bronze-age sky god begging for help. Not my style, and it will never be my style.

Really? Web MD differs from your conclusion.

https://www.webmd.com/balance/featur...-prayer-heal#1

That being said modern medicine is friggen amazing I was in and out of the hospital in a day after the last round of Stents.
                      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

I don't care if someone wants to pray in that manner, it does not harm. It doesn't really help, either...
                        Ah but how do you KNOW for sure it doesn't help?..
                        Gay Brit Julian Clary told how he once asked a monk to pray for him when he was a mixed-up teenager.
                        He went on- "I met him again years later and asked if he remembered me, and he replied with a smile "Yes of course I do, I've been praying for you every day since".
                        By this time Clary was a big TV star, so maybe prayer-power had something to do with it?..

Comment

Ah but how do you KNOW for sure it doesn't help?..
                          Because there's no proof that it does. Coincidence isn't evidence.

Gay Brit Julian Clary told how he once asked a monk to pray for him when he was a mixed-up teenager.
                          He went on- "I met him again years later and asked if he remembered me, and he replied with a smile "Yes of course I do, I've been praying for you every day since".
                          By this time Clary was a big TV star, so maybe prayer-power had something to do with it?..
                          That's not evidence of anything, and it's not looking at the entire picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                            Really? Web MD differs from your conclusion.

https://www.webmd.com/balance/featur...-prayer-heal#1

webmd, where a simple scratchy throat is easily diagnosed as the Andromeda Strain...

That being said modern medicine is friggen amazing I was in and out of the hospital in a day after the last round of Stents.
                            Yeah, I don't begrudge anyone that wants to pray, but if something's wrong, get to the freaking hospital!!!!!!!!! Don't rely on prayer. From what I've been taught, god only helps those that can help themselves.

Comment

Perhaps a more accurate description of the paranormal/supernatural would be "Superscience", a type of science that we know nothing about.
                              Remember, Jesus said WE could do miracles like he could if we knew how.
                              Perhaps even a simple prayer is "thought-pressure" that can influence reality?
                              Speaking of close-mindedness, a guy who ran a wargaming site said a few years ago that he was very worried because his wife was seriously ill, so I asked him if he'd like me to ask some Christian groups to pray for her, but surprisingly he replied "No thanks, she's got people around her looking after her" whatever that was supposed to mean.
                              I never knew what happened to her because the site later closed down and I lost touch.
                              Jesus said WE could do miracles like he could if we knew how.
                              Funny, the Scientologists say the same thing, but that's irrelevant because paranormal shows are not about "miracles", real or perceived.
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Yeah, I don't begrudge anyone that wants to pray, but if something's wrong, get to the freaking hospital!!!!!!!!! Don't rely on prayer. From what I've been taught, god only helps those that can help themselves.
                                Right..
                                I know a "christian" street preacher whose life is a complete mess (two broken marriages, court appearances for not paying his council tax, and his gas, electricity and phone have been cut off at various times for not paying his bills etc) because he won't lift a finger to help himself, he's sloppy and disorganised and trusts entirely in God to keep his life on track, but of course it doesn't work like that.
                                I told him to get a grip on himself and reminded him to get some discipline into his life with this verse-
                                "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of selfdiscipline" (2 Tim 1:7)
                                but he completely ignored me so now I cross the street to avoid him..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X