Paranormal TV shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
    When the first gospels were written, NOBODY, not a single person, ever came forward from the people or the priests or the Romans to say "Baloney, it never happened!"
    Obviously they knew they'd simply be making fools of themselves because Jesus was too BIG and well-known to be just a fable or superstition..
    Seriously? The priests thought he was a fake and a charlatan. You do remember that he was specifically targeted by the Judean priesthood for crucifixion, and by Rome for sedition?
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Am I the only ACG member who can see the lizard man?
      If so it could be the "Sheep and Goats" effect coming into play.
      Basically PSI (Paranormal Study and Investigation) researchers have always known that people with an open mind (the sheep) have better perception than skeptics (the goats)- ...
      What kind of researchers, exactly?

Walter Peck: Are you Peter Venkman?

Dr. Peter Venkman: Yes, I'm *Doctor* Venkman!

Walter Peck: Exactly what are you a doctor of, Mr. Venkman?

Dr. Peter Venkman: Well, I have a PhD in parapsychology and psychology.

Walter Peck: And now, you catch ghosts?

Dr. Peter Venkman: Yeah, you could say that.

Walter Peck: And how many ghosts have you caught, Mr. Venkman?

Dr. Peter Venkman: I'm not at liberty to say.

Walter Peck: And where do you put these ghosts, once you catch them?

Dr. Peter Venkman: Into a storage facility.

Walter Peck: And would this storage facility be located on these premises?

Dr. Peter Venkman: Yes.

Walter Peck: And may I see this storage facility?

Dr. Peter Venkman: No.

Walter Peck: And why not, Mr. Venkman?

Dr. Peter Venkman: Because you did not use the magic word.

Walter Peck: What is the magic word, Mr. Venkman?

Dr. Peter Venkman: [looking surprised] Please!
      Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Basically PSI (Paranormal Study and Investigation) researchers have always known that people with an open mind (the sheep) have better perception than skeptics (the goats)-

The long toll of the brave
        Is not lost in darkness
        Over the fruitful earth
        And athwart the seas
        Hath passed the light of noble deeds
        Unquenchable forever.

Comment

Basically PSI (Paranormal Study and Investigation) researchers have always known that people with an open mind (the sheep) have better perception than skeptics (the goats)-
          Um, Spike. The ones you call "skeptics" are usually the ones with the open minds. The ones you call open minded, those that believe in these things without any critical thinking and just accept the wild and unexplained are actually the ones with the closed minds.

I've always been fascinated by how this was turned around by the "believers".
          The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
            What kind of researchers, exactly?
            The 'Sheep-Goats' effect was first noticed by Gertrude Schmeidler, Professor of Psychology, City University of New York, she started the ball rolling in 1942 and other researchers have since confirmed the results-
            "The data convinced me. Repeatedly, average ESP scores of subjects who rejected any possibility of ESP success (whom I called goats) were lower than average ESP scores of all other subjects (whom I called sheep). This was inexplicable by the physical laws we knew; it implied unexplored processes in the universe, an exciting new field for research. From then on, naturally, my primary research interest was parapsychology."- Gertrude Schmeidler http://archived.parapsych.org/members/g_schmeidler.html

Comment

Originally posted by Von Richter View Post

Yes, when people asked Jesus if he could cure them or their friends/relatives, he sometimes asked them if they BELIEVED he could do it, and if they said "Yes", the cure worked-
              For example-
              "Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go! Let it be done just as you believed it would.” And his servant was healed at that moment"( Matt 8:13)
              "When he had gone indoors, the blind men came to him, and he asked them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?” “Yes, Lord,” they replied" (Matt 9:28)

"It's all them positive vibes man!"

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                Um, Spike. The ones you call "skeptics" are usually the ones with the open minds. The ones you call open minded, those that believe in these things without any critical thinking and just accept the wild and unexplained are actually the ones with the closed minds.
                I've always been fascinated by how this was turned around by the "believers".
                Christians LURV the truth..-
                Jesus said "Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.” ("John 8:32,John 18:37)
                "..no lie comes from the truth"- (1 John 2:21)

So when Jesus said- "..even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father" (John 10:38)

why shouldn't we believe him? His 37 miracles are pretty good street cred.
                And he said WE could do them too, how kool is that?..

Comment

Christians LURV the truth..-
                  Jesus said "Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.” ("John 8:32,John 18:37)
                  "..no lie comes from the truth"- (1 John 2:21)

So when Jesus said- "..even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father" (John 10:38)

why shouldn't we believe him? His 37 miracles are pretty good street cred.
                  And he said WE could do them too, how kool is that?..
                  Religion? Seriously? You brought yourreligion into a discussion about the paranormal?

You just relegated religion to the same scrap heap as ghost hunters, mind readers, UFOlogists, Acient Alien believers and all of the other loonies.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Religion? Seriously? You brought yourreligion into a discussion about the paranormal?
                    You just relegated religion to the same scrap heap as ghost hunters, mind readers, UFOlogists, Acient Alien believers and all of the other loonies.

'Religion' the 'Paranormal' and 'Science' all overlap to a certain extent..
                    For example astronomers and scientists estimate there are THOUSANDS of alien races out there, so when Jesus said-
                    "I know where I came from and where I am going, but you have no idea where I come from or where I am going....
                    you are of this world, I am not of this world..." (John 8:14/ 8:23/10:38/Matt 13:35)

wouldn't we be a bit Neanderthal to dismiss him out of hand, rather than examine his claim to be an alien visitor?

"According to Drake, the average of people's best estimates suggests that there are about 10,000 technically advanced civilisations spread across our galaxy"
                    http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/space/u...drake_equation

Comment

For example astronomers and scientists estimate there are THOUSANDS of alien races out there, so when Jesus said-
                      "I know where I came from and where I am going, but you have no idea where I come from or where I am going....
                      you are of this world, I am not of this world..." (John 8:14/ 8:23/10:38/Matt 13:35)

wouldn't we be a bit Neanderthal to dismiss him out of hand, rather than examine his claim to be an alien visitor?

"According to Drake, the average of people's best estimates suggests that there are about 10,000 technically advanced civilisations spread across our galaxy"
                      If by which you mean that none of them, including religions, have a solid basis of proof, then I agree with you.

Comment

I find it humorous that you try to attach something that Jesus "said" to aliens since most...like 90+%...of religious people I've known think that aliens are of the Devil, or don't exist at all since life elsewhere isn't mentioned in the Bible. You know that, if it's not mentioned in the Bible it doesn't exist mentality.

Comment

If by which you mean that none of them, including religions, have a solid basis of proof, then I agree with you.
                          If your cattle were being messed with, wouldn't you want to open-mindedly explore EVERY possible cause including aliens?
                          "In his life in the piñon-patched pastures where his father and grandfather raised cattle, the 72-year-old Sanchez has seen mountain lions and coyotes kill cattle, elk and deer. He’s seen birds scavenge carcasses. He’s heard of thieves slaughtering livestock in the field for their meat. He can’t explain what he saw last month.
                          https://www.denverpost.com/2009/12/0...-ufo-believer/

Comment

Seriously? The priests thought he [Jesus] was a fake and a charlatan. You do remember that he was specifically targeted by the Judean priesthood for crucifixion, and by Rome for sedition?
                            I don't give a rat's ass about what the priests and Romans thought about Jesus, we don't need them to do our thinking for us..

Comment

Originally posted by phil74501 View Post
                              I find it humorous that you try to attach something that Jesus "said" to aliens since most...like 90+%...of religious people I've known think that aliens are of the Devil, or don't exist at all since life elsewhere isn't mentioned in the Bible. You know that, if it's not mentioned in the Bible it doesn't exist mentality.
                              The Bible and many other cultural beliefs include non-human entities of various kinds.
                              You say you live in the 'Choctaw nation', so don't let them know you don't believe in this or they'll probably scalp you..-
                              WIKI- "The Choctaws believed in a great good spirit and a great evil spirit.
                              It seems that there were a number of supernatural beings mentioned in Choctaw historical accounts.
                              In addition to the native language for what would today be termed God and Devil, the Choctaws believed they had many other "powerful beings" in their midst."
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choctaw_mythology

Comment

The Bible and many other cultural beliefs include non-human entities of various kinds.
                                You say you live in the 'Choctaw nation', so don't let them know you don't believe in this or they'll probably scalp you..-
                                WIKI- "The Choctaws believed in a great good spirit and a great evil spirit.
                                It seems that there were a number of supernatural beings mentioned in Choctaw historical accounts.
                                In addition to the native language for what would today be termed God and Devil, the Choctaws believed they had many other "powerful beings" in their midst."
                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choctaw_mythology
                                Non-human and aliens from other planets, are two different things entirely. As to the Choctaws, and other cultures, beliefs in supernatural beings, that's not Christian beliefs or teachings, that's traditional native beliefs.

And yes, I do live in the Choctaw nation, though I am not of Choctaw decent, I am part Comanche.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X