Paranormal TV shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
    Here's one of the many problems with this paranormal evidence. Instead of relying on the viewer to come to his/her own conclusion, you're drawing pictures and pointing out what you want other people to see. It's confirmation bias. Oh, and look up pareidolia sometime.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia
    Ah but that lizard thing wasn't a still image, it was actually moving!

Comment

Originally posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
      What do ACG members think of TV shows like "Ghost Encounters" and "Paranormal Lockdown" etc?
      Originally posted by AdrianE View Post
      They are tv by idiots for idiots.
      Maybe, but we can have FUN shooting them down!
      For example that crawling lizard thing might have simply been a crew member looking for his dropped contact lens..

Comment

First, I'm not against Christianity, because, currently, that religion isn't causing the world any trouble.
        However, what you used as an example is nothing more than fable and superstition. Unless, of course, you can provide evidence that anything like that actually happened?
        When the first gospels were written, NOBODY, not a single person, ever came forward from the people or the priests or the Romans to say "Baloney, it never happened!"
        Obviously they knew they'd simply be making fools of themselves because Jesus was too BIG and well-known to be just a fable or superstition..

Comment

Ah but that lizard thing wasn't a still image, it was actually moving!
          Why does it have to be something paranormal? Why can't it be something easy, like and actual animal or a person or a practical joke? Why do people always jump to the wildest conclusions first?
          The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

When the first gospels were written, NOBODY, not a single person, ever came forward from the people or the priests or the Romans to say "Baloney, it never happened!"
            That's because they were a superstitious folk back then.

Obviously they knew they'd simply be making fools of themselves because Jesus was too BIG and well-known to be just a fable or superstition..
            Naw, they just didn't have TV to rely on for their fantasies at the time. Besides, god-fearing was en vogue back then. We're a lot smarter nowadays.

Well...most of us. Islamists seem to be as dumb now as the Christians were back a thousand years ago...
            The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Why does it have to be something paranormal? Why can't it be something easy, like and actual animal or a person or a practical joke? Why do people always jump to the wildest conclusions first?
              Yes, that's why it's FUN examining things like Sherlock Holmes..
              For example my dear Watson I find it highly suspicious that when the cameraman saw it he didn't immediately yell something like "HOLY KRAP WHAT'S THAT??" and get over there to chase it down for a closeup.
              That's why I said earlier I'm 90% sure it was faked..

Comment

..they were a superstitious folk back then...
                As I said, "superstition" had nothing to do with it, people saw with their own eyeballs Jesus doing that miracle stuff that not even not even David Blaine can do!
                Jesus went on the road gigging all over the place, strutting his stuff everywhere..

"Jesus went through all the towns and villages" (Matt 9:35)

Comment

Yes, that's why it's FUN examining things like Sherlock Holmes..
                  For example my dear Watson I find it highly suspicious that when the cameraman saw it he didn't immediately yell something like "HOLY KRAP WHAT'S THAT??" and get over there to chase it down for a closeup.
                  That's why I said earlier I'm 90% sure it was faked..
                  That's one of my biggest triggers when I watch those crappy paranormal shows. The camera man either knows exactly where to point the camera, or where exactly NOT to point the camera when things go down.

Comment

As I said, "superstition" had nothing to do with it, people saw with their own eyeballs Jesus doing that miracle stuff that not even not even David Blaine can do!
                    Jesus went on the road gigging all over the place, strutting his stuff everywhere..
                    Well, no, they didn't actually have to see it with their own eyeballs. They just claim to have seen it. Good enough for bunches of superstitious, god-fearing folk. Good enough for the Church of Bigfoot, too.

David Blaine also has some pretty modern technology to fool his masses, since most people aren't quite as superstitious these days.

"Jesus went through all the towns and villages" (Matt 9:35)
                    Ah, the subtle power of the metaphor.

He may have. He may not have. He may have done miraculous things. He may have just slept all day. Regardless, there's not one shred of evidence that he did anything, at all, ever. Nothing but claims in some books that are as vague as a an Ikea instruction manual in braille. A set of books that superstitious humans picked and chose what and what not to include, picked and chose what they thought superstitious people should and should not read, long after the fact, long after Jesus' mid-east rock tour. All the while embellishing the juicy parts to feed the superstitions of others in order to keep them under their thumbs.

Comment

That cracked me the hell up. Thanks for that pic!

Comment

..David Blaine also has some pretty modern technology to fool his masses, since most people aren't quite as superstitious these days..
                        Jesus is a hard act to follow, so if Blaine ever brings Elvis back to life he'll make top of the bill for sure..
                        Speaking of Elv, the similarity between him and JC is uncanny..

"After Jesus spent the night in prayer, everybody tried to touch him because power was coming from him" (Luke 6:12-19)

Comment

Jesus is a hard act to follow, so if Blaine ever brings Elvis back to life he'll make top of the bill for sure..
                          Speaking of Elv, the similarity between him and JC is uncanny..
                          Jesus didn't kill himself in the shitter, though. And Jesus apparently wasn't obese from eating Fool's Gold Loaf. Plus, Jesus didn't have a record label. Unless that's in the bible too...?

Comment

Spike, we have utterly derailed this thread. I'm done until it gets back on track.

Comment

For example, this pic is not moving, but our eyes and brain are telling us it is, so when it comes to determining what "reality" is, we can't rely on our easily-fooled eyes and brains for the answer ..

Actually this is perfect example of seeing something that isn't real and therefore rejecting phenomena that are not subject to rigorous measurement and repeatable testing. Just because you think you see a moving lizard outline in a deliberately low quality pixelated image doesn't require others to make the same error.*

Before watching any 'paranormal programming', I highly recommend reading this - https://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/why.../2675880956273

*I know because Elvis told me.
                              Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
                                ..Just because you think you see a moving lizard outline in a deliberately low quality pixelated image doesn't require others to make the same error..
                                Am I the only ACG member who can see the lizard man?
                                If so it could be the "Sheep and Goats" effect coming into play.
                                Basically PSI (Paranormal Study and Investigation) researchers have always known that people with an open mind (the sheep) have better perception than skeptics (the goats)-

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X