Paranormal TV shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
    But mate, many cultures believe in a "spirit world", are you saying they're all wrong?
    For example google "The Ghost Dance"-
    WIKI- "According to the teachings of the Northern Paiute spiritual leader Wovoka, proper practice of the dance would reunite the living with spirits of the dead.."
    Are you familiar with the Brane Cosmology?

https://arxiv.org/abs/hep-th/0209261
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

So

But mate, many cultures believe in a "spirit world", are you saying they're all wrong?
      WIKI- "According to the teachings of the Northern Paiute spiritual leader Wovoka, proper practice of the dance would reunite the living with spirits of the dead.."
      Canada's William Lyon Mackenzie King, widely acknowledged as Canada's greatest Prime Minister, was a great believer in the occult:

"King's occult interests were kept secret during his years in office, and only became publicized after his death when his diaries were opened. Readers were amazed. King communed with spirits, using seances with paid mediums. Thereby, he claimed to have communicated with Leonardo da Vinci, Wilfrid Laurier, his dead mother, his grandfather, and several of his dead dogs, as well as the spirit of the late President Roosevelt. Some historians argue that he sought personal reassurance from the spirit world, more than political advice. After his death, one of his mediums said that she had not realized that he was a politician. King did inquire whether his party would win the 1935 election, one of the few times politics came up during his seances. However Allan Levine argues that sometimes he did pay attention to the political implications of his seances: "All of his spiritualist experiences, his other superstitions and his multi-paranoid reactions imprinted on his consciousness, shaping his thoughts and feelings in a thousand different ways."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willia...Mackenzie_King

There's no accounting for taste; one man's chat with his dead mother, is another's "Ghost Dance".

It all comes down to Tonto, doesn't it?
      "I am Groot"
      - Groot

Comment

Originally posted by Marmat View Post
        ..There's no accounting for taste; one man's chat with his dead mother, is another's "Ghost Dance"..
        Yes ever since humans first appeared on earth they've invented all sorts of crackpot stuff to believe in, that's why God said "Enough!" and sent Jesus to set us straight once and for all..-

Jesus said - "For I have not spoken on my own authority; but the Father who sent me gave me a command, what I should say and what I should speak...
        Everyone on the side of truth listens to me. (John 12:49,John 8:32,John 18:37)

God said- "This is my beloved son, listen to him" (Matt 17:5)

Hey Spock will you listen?

"Affirmative, I'm all ears"

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
          Are you familiar with the Brane Cosmology?
          https://arxiv.org/abs/hep-th/0209261
          Yes there's all sorts of fascinating speculations floating around, because modern-thinking scientists are at long last cottoning on to the fact that our "reality" might not be as real as we once thought..

"The [quantum] atoms or elementary particles themselves are not real; they form a world of potentialities or possibilities rather than one of things or facts"-Prof. Werner Heisenberg,Nobel Prize winner in Physics
          "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one''- Einstein
          "All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream"- Edgar Allen Poe
          "You can be in my dream if i can be in your dream"- Bob Dylan
          "We are such stuff as dreams are made on"- The Tempest
          "Strawberry Fields...nothing is real"- The Beatles
          "What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" - Bible, James 4:14
          "Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?"- Morpheus in The Matrix

For example, this pic is not moving, but our eyes and brain are telling us it is, so when it comes to determining what "reality" is, we can't rely on our easily-fooled eyes and brains for the answer ..

Comment

I'm very familiar with the Ghost Dance.

And yeah, I'm saying they're all wrong.

For example, the Ghost Dance was a temperance movement intended to restore Indian culture from the influences of whites, particularly drinking. The 'reunion' was a metaphor.

A number of cultures advocate having sex with children or killing the elderly. When you start holding up multi-cultural norms as a support to an argument, remember that you are buying a package deal.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

(...)

Maybe it was a hoax, I don't know, check it out at 1:55 in this vid-

https://youtu.be/8zfHCibSvWs
              Watched it several times, even frame per frame still don't see a thing ??
              Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                ..yeah, I'm saying they're all wrong..
                If you mean the nonsense about the dead coming back to chat with the living, yes that's hokum..
                The dead STAY dead til judgement day, THEN they get a wake-up call-
                Jesus said:- "All in the graves shall come out..(John 5:28/29)

BOIINNGG!

Comment

I'm saying that. There is not one single bit of evidence to support the paranormal. I wish that weren't true, because this place would be a lot more interesting, but facts are facts.

Lots of different people have lots of different superstitions. Christian superstition is exactly like all of the others. Doesn't make any of them any more true.
                  The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

If you mean the nonsense about the dead coming back to chat with the living, yes that's hokum..
                    The dead STAY dead til judgement day, THEN they get a wake-up call-
                    Jesus said:- "All in the graves shall come out..(John 5:28/29)
                    And the sea shall yield up its dead.

Exactly.

I don't believe in ghost stories. Although I have a couple to tell.
                    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

However, some of us have experienced "ghostly" encounters" that have no rational explanation, and that were witnessed, so encounters can be real, but the TV stuff is nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                        Watched it several times, even frame per frame still don't see a thing ??
                        Try juggling your monitor brightness.
                        I've outlined it here, it seemed to be crawling on all fours, then dropped onto its stomach and sort of slithered off like a snake or reptile-

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                          ..Christian superstition is exactly like all of the others. Doesn't make any of them any more true.
                          Ah, but all the other mickey-mouse religions don't have the Son of God himself as their front man, he was witnessed by the whole of Israel and the Roman army garrison strutting his stuff and blowing people's socks off for 3 long years, some "superstition"..

Comment

Ah, but all the other mickey-mouse religions don't have the Son of God himself as their front man, he was witnessed by the whole of Israel and the Roman army garrison strutting his stuff and blowing people's socks off for 3 long years, some "superstition"..
                            First, I'm not against Christianity, because, currently, that religion isn't causing the world any trouble.

However, what you used as an example is nothing more than fable and superstition. Unless, of course, you can provide evidence that anything like that actually happened?
                            The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Try juggling your monitor brightness.
                              I've outlined it here, it seemed to be crawling on all fours, then dropped onto its stomach and sort of slithered off like a snake or reptile-

Here's one of the many problems with this paranormal evidence. Instead of relying on the viewer to come to his/her own conclusion, you're drawing pictures and pointing out what you want other people to see. It's confirmation bias. Oh, and look up pareidolia sometime.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

Comment

What do ACG members think of TV shows like "Ghost Encounters" and "Paranormal Lockdown" etc?
                                They are tv by idiots for idiots.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X