Cobra Kai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cobra Kai

Saw a trailer for this on you tube. It is a tv series set 34 years after the original film with the two protagonists reprising their roles.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobra_Kai

Like many of a certain age I saw the original film in the 1980s.
    Last edited by Surrey; 25 Mar 18, 08:37.
    "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Sounds like the studios are getting desperate again. I'll pass.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

So is Daniel going to be the "Heel" and Johnny is going to the 'hero" is this go around?

Comment

Originally posted by Merkava188 View Post
        So is Daniel going to be the "Heel" and Johnny is going to the 'hero" is this go around?
        Saw the first two episodes, you have to pay to see more, and yes the roles are reversed. Even the scene in the original film where Miyagi beats up the gang of bullies is reversed with Johnny taking on the Miyagi role and Daniel being the backer of the bullies.
        "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

I watched the first two episodes and thought them worthy. I am considering signing up to see the rest of the series.

I mean Mountain Man is correct the majority of these reboots amount to little more than polished crap but this one has a certain charm about it. One gets the sense those behind it are actually trying.

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post
            Saw the first two episodes, you have to pay to see more, and yes the roles are reversed. Even the scene in the original film where Miyagi beats up the gang of bullies is reversed with Johnny taking on the Miyagi role and Daniel being the backer of the bullies.
            Well everyone knows that it is only due to Hollywood magic that a dork as goofy and physically ill coordinated as Daniel could win against Johnny. Come on......even Ali could have beaten his gawky and totally fake karate moves with a simple bitch backslap and he would have been running to his mother again.

The reality is Cobra Kai was real and ahead of their time being a forerunner to Ultimate Fighter, and Miyagi was nothing more than a poser. Miyagi was born on Okinawa and thus was not eligible to serve in the US military during that time. The uniform, decorations, and photos are all poser bullshit. Besides, he appears to be some punk that ran from Okinawan justice and became some sort of cowardly drunkard that refused to answer Sato's challenge.

Sorry, I will not believe that Miyagi could beat squat, with or or without his belt from JC Penny.
            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Confuscious say: In the end, it is all crap...Grasshopper.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Confuscious say: In the end, it is all crap...Grasshopper.
                Oh for God's sake. See, this is exactly why I have all but stopped posting on this website, because people can't even take a compliment without responding like an ass. And why? Because I had a different view concerning an internet television show the member in question hasn't even watched.

This used to be a place for adults.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Sounds like the studios are getting desperate again. I'll pass.
                  Then why post in this thread?

Doesn't sound like desperation at all. Just sounds like someone had a neat idea and is seeing it through. Doesn't sound interesting enough to me, though. At least for now; it it's good, I might look into it someday.

When I first started seeing ads for it, I thought it was just a joke commercial marketing something else.
                  The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
                    Oh for God's sake. See, this is exactly why I have all but stopped posting on this website, because people can't even take a compliment without responding like an ass. And why? Because I had a different view concerning an internet television show the member in question hasn't even watched.

This used to be a place for adults.
                    Everyone seems to have the right to troll others when it comes to movies and TV shows and threads started about them. Even those that admittedly will never watch them seem to think it's so important that the rest of us know that they'll not watch them. Sigh.
                    The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X