Counterpart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counterpart

I am thoroughly enjoying this quirky sci-fi/action series centered on parallel universes.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

It is indeed good. They certainly cast the right lead for the series.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Yes. Not who I expected, but good in the role. Watched the latest last night and it gets murkier and murkier. I think it will soon be difficult to tell which "Howard" we're dealing with.

Comment

Good series although I'm not a fan of sci-fi. By the way, has it become mandatory to include LGBTs in all series recently being made?
        "Keep Calm. Use Less X's"

Comment

Originally posted by dmf01 View Post
          Good series although I'm not a fan of sci-fi. By the way, has it become mandatory to include LGBTs in all series recently being made?
          Pretty much, along with "minorities", for anything made by the American industry.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Pretty much, along with "minorities", for anything made by the American industry.
            Biologically, there are 6 to 7% not just among humans but among many other mammals as well with homosexual orientation. (I'm not talking of hype about it and its byproducts) And it seemed funny to me that that gruesome flu had exterminated 7% of "Another World's" population. Filmmakers' humour or my sick imagination?
            "Keep Calm. Use Less X's"

Comment

Biologically, there are 6 to 7% not just among humans but among many other mammals as well with homosexual orientation. (I'm not talking of hype about it and its byproducts) And it seemed funny to me that that gruesome flu had exterminated 7% of "Another World's" population. Filmmakers' humour or my sick imagination?
              Filmmaker's lousy sense of humor, as far as I can tell. Some of the backstory is decidedly tongue in cheek.

Comment

Counterpart is picking up speed and becoming more and more convoluted. Last night's episode was a real doozy!!

Comment

Most research says it's closer to 1 to 2%, but that's splitting hairs. The proportion is so low that in most cities and towns the number of businesses specifically catering to LGBTPDQRSTUV... population is correspondingly nonexistent, unlike ones that cater to minorities like Blacks, or Hispanics, or even businesses that cater to either men, women, or children.

Comment

I'm enjoying it. Good pacing on the revelations of the backstory.
                    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Final episode coming up. I'm wondering if there will be a continuation of the series. I hope so - it's a good one that makes the audience think.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X