Anyone Watching the Olympics?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
    Women's short track speed skating had an interesting outcome last night. Congrats to the Netherlands for taking gold for the first time in that event.
    Thank you. It indeed came as quite a surprise.

However what impresses me is the fabulous performance by the Norwegians in all fields, holding 10 more medals than the runner-up

1. NOR Norway 37
    2. CAN Canada 27
    3. GER Germany 26
    4. USA United States 21
    5. NED Netherlands 18
    Last edited by Colonel Sennef; 23 Feb 18, 10:54.
    BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Sennef View Post
      Thank you. It indeed came as quite a surprise.

However what impresses me is the fabulous performance by the Norwegians in all fields, holding 10 more medals than the runner-up

1. NOR Norway 37
      2. CAN Canada 27
      3. GER Germany 26
      4. USA United States 21
      5. NED Netherlands 18
      Indeed. Fantastic show. All three leaders have GOLD medals in at least 6 different categories which is impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
        Indeed. Fantastic show. All three leaders have GOLD medals in at least 6 different categories which is impressive.
        But no Hockey Gold for Canada <sigh>

Comment

Originally posted by Capt AFB View Post
          But no Hockey Gold for Canada <sigh>
          the one that matters more than all the others put together, sigh, but this year it has an * next to it.

Comment

LOL, clever chirp from the Germans, but hey I'm hunkering for that hot chocolate
            Last edited by Sparlingo; 23 Feb 18, 22:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post

LOL, clever chirp from the Germans, but hey I'm hunkering for that hot chocolate
              I guess this is the moment to break out Canada's strategic maple syrup reserves. To offset some of sourness of the moment with pure Canadian sweetness...
              It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Sennef View Post
                Some might argue that they had better 'asthma medication' (or at very least, more plentiful) than the rest...

https://www.nrk.no/sport/olympiatopp...-ol-1.13880280

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-o...-idUSKBN1EV0EC

A point likely to be raised after the Olympics though. I personally hope that they would just ban asthma medication from the Olympic Games. And direct asthmatics into Paralympics.
                It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

Comment

Originally posted by Vaeltaja View Post
                  I guess this is the moment to break out Canada's strategic maple syrup reserves. To offset some of sourness of the moment with pure Canadian sweetness...
                  Yup time to drown our hockey sorrows in maple syrup.

Comment

A very sticky proposal
                    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X