Anyone Watching the Olympics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Watching the Olympics?

I am just curious. For the first time since I was four years old (I'm 50), I have not followed the Olympics at all. Between the scandals the over professionalization and, I don't know, I just seemed to have lost all interest, and I was once an Olympics junkie.

Tuebor

It may be age related, but I haven’t followed it in years. Too many other ways to spend my time.

If it means anything, my children are in their 20’s and they don’t follow it either. In fact, they don’t follow any sports.

Comment

Yes Winter Olympics are my favourite Olympic games fast sports are much funner to watch.

Comment

Yea, curling is so much fun.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Bit sad innit, bunch of juvenile wankers, flying about on skateboards...
          in my 'umble opinion.

The long toll of the brave
          Is not lost in darkness
          Over the fruitful earth
          And athwart the seas
          Hath passed the light of noble deeds
          Unquenchable forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuebor View Post
            I am just curious. For the first time since I was four years old (I'm 50), I have not followed the Olympics at all. Between the scandals the over professionalization and, I don't know, I just seemed to have lost all interest, and I was once an Olympics junkie.

Tuebor
            The winter Olympics - as one comedian put it the International sliding competitions
            Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
            Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by Tuebor View Post

Tuebor
              I lost interest after the Cold War, back when the Soviet team was full of pro-athletes and the East German women's team was composed of former men... Now that's the US team...
              Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Kipling's comment on sports junkies

Then ye returned to your trinkets; then ye contented your souls
                With the flannelled fools at the wicket or the muddied oafs at the goals.
                Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Of course, "We the North" watch the Winter Olympics...

What else are we going to do in our igloos in the middle of a cold snowy winter

Comment

I love the Olympics, summer and winter.
                    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

I watched a bit of it, but it has become too commercialized and too politicized for my tastes.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Capt AFB View Post
                        Of course, "We the North" watch the Winter Olympics...

What else are we going to do in our igloos in the middle of a cold snowy winter
                        Making more Canadians?
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

The most exciting thing I watched so far was slopestyle, but I used to be a dirty longhair hippie who rode snowboard every winter. Cool that the kid who won it grew up 60 miles from me.
                          The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] needs YOUR HELP NOW HERE!

Comment

Gave up on it years ago.
                            Every other year? Even the 'good' Olympics have become too much.
                            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Zero interest. Isn't it all rigged like the Tooth Fairy.
                              My worst jump story:
                              My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                              As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                              No lie.

~
                              "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X