Game of Thrones Betrayal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game of Thrones Betrayal

Saw an announcement that GoT will be delayed until 2019 in order to allow Martin to "catch up".

I've already been to martin's website and expressed my displeasure at his lack of work ethic. Frankly, I no longer care how he thinks it should end.

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Pfft, it's gonna be garbage anyways.
    Wisdom is personal

Comment

Well, most of the characters from Season 1 are now gone.

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

The prevailing theory in certain circles is that Martin has killed off so many characters, he doesn't have enough left to drive the plot.

I never had much use for the thing anyway.
        Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

The last season was really "phoned in" (outside of some good parts) and I don't think the next will be much better.

Martin is focused on his production company and there are other GOT spin-offs in the works.. more opportunities elsewhere. I understand how finishing a book is lower on his list of priorities.
          Zhitomir-Berdichev, West of Kiev: 24 Dec 1943-31 Jan 1944
          Stalin's Favorite: The Combat History of the 2nd Guards Tank Army
          Barbarossa Derailed I & II
          Battle of Kalinin October 1941

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Saw an announcement that GoT will be delayed until 2019 in order to allow Martin to "catch up".

I've already been to martin's website and expressed my displeasure at his lack of work ethic. Frankly, I no longer care how he thinks it should end.

I Think he's lost interest in the books. The last one wandered far too much and resolved too little.

I think he's enjoying the show too much and playing the celebrity.

After all, there has been too much deviation between the show and the books for him to ever 'catch up'.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by the ace View Post
              The prevailing theory in certain circles is that Martin has killed off so many characters, he doesn't have enough left to drive the plot.

Not true. The last book just added even more characters. There is no way he can wrap things up in just one book. I've given up hope for the books.

If it wasn't for Dinkledge I wouldn't even bother watching the show.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                Not true. The last book just added even more characters. There is no way he can wrap things up in just one book. I've given up hope for the books.

If it wasn't for Dinkledge I wouldn't even bother watching the show.
                Same here. They don't even get naked any more.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by the ace View Post

That could be the best summary of GOT's failings I have yet seen.

Not only Chars to drive the story (although when you are supposed to have a charecter-driven story it does close your options down) but a reason to give a damn.
                  And let's face it, this is one slow and dreary storyline.

I gave up in season two, but the snippets on the net are hard to avoid. I think it is clear that not a single char from season one will survive, or two or three for that matter, except for one-

Maybe the last season was put off because GRRM wants to die before it is aired.
                  "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X