The Return of X-Files

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Return of X-Files

X-Files makes it's return - new season and episodes - next Wednesday on Fox (21 on my server).
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    X-Files makes it's return - new season and episodes - next Wednesday on Fox (21 on my server).
    An alternative truth is out there?
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

An expanded Truth is out there ...
      TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Pilot episode last night, a little awkward in places, but shows some promise as soon as they sort out how the Cigarette Smoking Man is still around after dying in the first series.

Basic plot - CigMan wants to murder the entire world with a super plague in order to purify it, except for the privileged few, of course. No mention of "X" in any way, shape or form.

Duchovny acts like a fish out of water at times, but if it all settles down, it might be worthwhile.

Comment

I haven't seen the new series yet, but I went off the old series a bit because it was often full of boring murders and gore, I preferred the non-violent deeper intelligently-scripted episodes featuring aliens and UFO's, so I hope the new shows will be like that.

Comment

I have hope for the new series. Like Spike the original lost me towards the latter half, but hope springs eternal.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] needs YOUR HELP NOW HERE!

Comment

Originally posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
                I haven't seen the new series yet, but I went off the old series a bit because it was often full of boring murders and gore, I preferred the non-violent deeper intelligently-scripted episodes featuring aliens and UFO's, so I hope the new shows will be like that.

I wouldn't count on it, because the old audience that could keep up with intellectual plots has been replaced by the video game - no thoughts-at-all crowd, and they need explosions and blood to maintain any kind of focus for more that 30 seconds or so.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                  An alternative truth is out there?
                  It's the Kellyanne Conway approach.

I still miss her.
                  How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                  Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Saw episode 2 last night. My hopes are waning.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X