Ghost Wars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost Wars

A remake - again - of Invasion of the Body Snatcher, but not as good and the better "isolated community" thrillers that have graced the tube in the meantime.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

True, but it has it's moments, its low budget notwithstanding.

Comment

Speaking of "isolated communities" I liked the X-Files episode "Gender bender" despite its stupid title.
      SPOILER ALERT- An oldfashioned group calling themselves 'The Kindred' lived out on a farm and dressed all in black (left), but they had superhuman powers. In the final scene, Mulder and Scully go out to visit them again but they've gone, leaving only this crop circle (right) where presumably a ship had landed to pick them up-

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
        True, but it has it's moments, its low budget notwithstanding.
        I must have missed those "moments"...

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          I must have missed those "moments"...
          Well, try Damnation. Not too bad for a fictional story. Sort of the Hollywood gunfighter theme set in Depression-era USA.

Comment

Well, try Damnation. Not too bad for a fictional story. Sort of the Hollywood gunfighter theme set in Depression-era USA.
            I did try Damnation, but it was every cliche from the last century - racism, sexism, religious oppression and a murderous preacher to tie it all together. A little bit of that goes a long, long way in this hate-everybody world we live in today.

Comment

I did try Damnation, but it was every cliche from the last century - racism, sexism, religious oppression and a murderous preacher to tie it all together. A little bit of that goes a long, long way in this hate-everybody world we live in today.
              I never would have guessed you were the sensitive sort.

I watch it to see the brothers' backstory play out, myself. There's not a lot of options right now.

Comment

I never would have guessed you were the sensitive sort.

I watch it to see the brothers' backstory play out, myself. There's not a lot of options right now.
                Not "sensitive" - older and exposed to way too much over the years. I choose now to look for more inspirational and uplifting programming, or at least programs where the bad guys are not the heroes and don't win.

Comment

Not "sensitive" - older and exposed to way too much over the years. I choose now to look for more inspirational and uplifting programming, or at least programs where the bad guys are not the heroes and don't win.
                  I really can't stand uplifting shows. Too many years of seeing terrible things, I suppose, but they grate on my nerves.

I don't like action shows either. I generally look for in-between stuff, like The Wire (#3), Breaking Bad (#1 favorite), The Expanse (#2), Sneaky Pete, Wild Dogs, stuff like that.

But those are thin on the ground, so I have to settle for other stuff. Although Season two of Search Party was good. I am sticking with Mom, too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X