R.I.P. Jim Nabors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Jim Nabors

Actor Jim Nabors best know as Gomer Pyle on The Andy Griffith Show has died. Besides acting Jim Nabors had a great singing voice and even made a few albums.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...c=bell-brknews

“When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
    ― Groucho Marx

From the Barracks thread...
    Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
    Semper Fi, Gomer Pyle.

Rest in peace Jim Nabors, one of the few to ever be named an Honorary Marine.
    https://twitter.com/USMC/status/936330482039578624

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

His Christmas album was a childhood favorite of mine.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Rest in peace, Jim.
        "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

RIP

--honestly, I didn't know he was still alive.
          The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Stand down, Private Pyle...you've earned it.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I remember Andy Griffith starred in a film called No time for Seargents. I wonder how much that film had a hand in the development of Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C.?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X