The Next Generation
    20.00%
    Deep Space Nine
    8.00%
    Voyager
    4.00%
    Enterprise
    8.00%
    Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Ds9. The best of the Trek .
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

The original series. I liked Enterprise quite a bit, too. DS9 was good after Roddenberry passed (I'm not claiming anything other than the timing involved). I've been watching quite a bit of Voyager recently, and the later seasons are actually quite good. I really can't watch TNG anymore...just too stale and boring and blah.

I include The Wrath of Khan with the Original Series. It's still, hands down, the best Trek movie yet.
      The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
        The original series. I liked Enterprise quite a bit, too. DS9 was good after Roddenberry passed (I'm not claiming anything other than the timing involved). I've been watching quite a bit of Voyager recently, and the later seasons are actually quite good. I really can't watch TNG anymore...just too stale and boring and blah.

I include The Wrath of Khan with the Original Series. It's still, hands down, the best Trek movie yet.
        Best Trek movie imho is Galaxy Quest.

How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
        Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
          Best Trek movie imho is Galaxy Quest.

Who can argue with that...!!!!! Miners not minors...!!!

Comment

tough choice. got to go with the original though. hard to beat Spock......

Comment

I think it may be time to re-do this poll.

He is asking about the openings, the intro theme and sequence of images.
              Not the show itself.
              (IMHO, DS9 had the best story-arc.)

And if you watch them, I think Enterprise has to win hands-down, it is so good that I thought it was for a movie or mini-series.

But in any case, shall we try again?
              Last edited by The Exorcist; 29 Nov 17, 00:52.
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                I think it may be time to re-do this poll.

He is asking about the openings, the intro theme and sequence of images.
                Not the show itself.
                (IMHO, DS9 had the best story-arc.)

And if you watch them, I think Enterprise has to win hands-down, it is so good that I thought it was for a movie or mini-series.

But in any case, shall we try again?
                Oh...durrrrr...I apologize for my part in this entire mess.

I guess I'll pick Enterprise then, followed very closely by TOS.

Voyager's and DS9's openings are just boring and provide nothing to the series. TNG is just a repeat of TOS, the difference being the bigger cast, the uglier starship, and the louder fanfare.
                The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

I would say all the opening were pretty good. The opening for Star Trek Enterprise was different given that is was a song.

Comment

Nothing ever beats the original. All else is just copying.
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

TNG. The close up of the ship passing under the camera as the music builds followed by the warp flash is pretty sweet.

Also: Enterprise gets my vote for worst. Instead of spacey orchestra music they play this 90's family drama type song. Blech.
                      A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X