X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hida Akechi
    replied
    Originally posted by Merkava188 View Post
    Well I hope we do see the X- men tam up with the Avengers.
    Perhaps someday. But Marvel Studios now needs to get the third phase finished with Infinity War, then they can move on with new stuff and a new storyline. And, apparently, a new set of Avengers. X-Men can make an appearance once the new stuff is ready to go.

Leave a comment:

• Merkava188
    replied
    Well I hope we do see the X- men tam up with the Avengers.

Leave a comment:

• The Doctor
    replied
    Originally posted by Merkava188 View Post
    They include the X-Men in future films as far Marvel is concerned.
    I think there's a studio conflict.

Leave a comment:

• Merkava188
    replied
    They include the X-Men in future films as far Marvel is concerned.

Leave a comment:

• The Doctor
    replied
    Originally posted by Martok View Post
    "Why did you say that name?!!"

I respectfully disagree. I mean as entertainment BvS was fine, but it suffered from the same fault the majority of the current crop of DC movies have suffered from, in that it took itself way too seriously. But then I have never been a fan of Superman, particularly given every movie features an exploitation of his repetitive weakness.
    That's how I initially felt about Man of Steel. I thought the beginning of BvS was too convoluted. And that's why it took me several attempts to actually watch both movies all the way through.

Now that I have made it through those two movies, Suicide Squad and JL, I'm kind of digging the series. It's nowhere close to the MCU, but the DC-verse is worth watching.

Originally posted by Martok
    Wonder Woman stole the movie. Without her the film would have amounted to little more than a modern version of Dracula meets Frankenstein.
    Without a doubt.

Originally posted by Martok
    Try and get the special edition. Some cool stuff added in.

I have a theory, Doc, which perhaps you can weigh in on. And this is just my opinion, I could be wrong, but I believe Gal Godot was created in a laboratory somewhere expressly to be in these movies. I mean geez, she is just too perfect.
    More of a fact than a theory...

In the realm of comic book [email protected]$$ heroines, she's right up there with Scarlett Johansen/Black Widow and Jamie Alexander/Lady Sif...

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    Gal Godot also served in the Israeli Army.

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• Martok
    replied
    Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
    Batman v Superman was really good.
    "Why did you say that name?!!"

I respectfully disagree. I mean as entertainment BvS was fine, but it suffered from the same fault the majority of the current crop of DC movies have suffered from, in that it took itself way too seriously. But then I have never been a fan of Superman, particularly given every movie features an exploitation of his repetitive weakness.

Wonder Woman stole the movie. Without her the film would have amounted to little more than a modern version of Dracula meets Frankenstein.

We'll definitely pick up the Wonder Woman DVD/BluRay.
    Try and get the special edition. Some cool stuff added in.

I have a theory, Doc, which perhaps you can weigh in on. And this is just my opinion, I could be wrong, but I believe Gal Godot was created in a laboratory somewhere expressly to be in these movies. I mean geez, she is just too perfect.

Leave a comment:

• Hida Akechi
    replied
    Justice League wasn't The Avengers...
    And it didn't have to be. I wasn't expecting movie of the year, I just wanted to be entertained and had very little hope that would happen. But I was, and that's all that counted.

... it was very good. I was not disappointed. Initially, I didn't care for the Flash character, but he grew on me.

Even though I detest Ben Affleck, I think he's the best Batman since Michael Keaton. Biker-dude Aquaman was very cool. Wonder Woman really kicks @$$ (it's now on our DVD list). I was totally unfamiliar with Cyborg, so I don't have a frame of reference.

It was easily worth $7.50/ticket...

The ending scene with Superman and Flash was a great homage to a classic comic book episode.
    I still think Christian Bale is the best Batman, but his version and Affleck's version are two very different characters. I don't like Aquaman; I never have and never will. Though I do admit he makes a better bad guy than a hero (watch Flashpoint Paradox sometime). I don't like Jason Mumbling Momoa. However, the character wasn't too terrible in the movie, and I'll get over my intense dislike because the rest of the movie was good enough.

My favorite scene was (SPOILERS) when Supe was struggling with the other members of the team, and the Flash tried to run behind him...and saw that Supe was able to see him and move just as fast as him. Yeah, the end scene with the race was spectacular.

The other end scene was pretty damned awesome too...since it involved one of my favorite comic book villains.

Leave a comment:

• The Doctor
    replied
    Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
    That's how I approach them. Ends up working out very well.
    Justice League wasn't The Avengers... but it was very good. I was not disappointed. Initially, I didn't care for the Flash character, but he grew on me.

Even though I detest Ben Affleck, I think he's the best Batman since Michael Keaton. Biker-dude Aquaman was very cool. Wonder Woman really kicks @$$ (it's now on our DVD list). I was totally unfamiliar with Cyborg, so I don't have a frame of reference.

It was easily worth $7.50/ticket...

The ending scene with Superman and Flash was a great homage to a classic comic book episode.

Leave a comment:

• Hida Akechi
    replied
    Batman v Superman was really good. We'll definitely pick up the Wonder Woman DVD/BluRay.

I approached this series with very low expectations. Hopefully, I haven't raised my expectations too much for Justice League.
    That's how I approach them. Ends up working out very well.

Leave a comment:

• The Doctor
    replied
    Finally watched Man of Steel...

Will watch Batman v Superman this weekend and go see Justice League on Christmas Day.
    Batman v Superman was really good. We'll definitely pick up the Wonder Woman DVD/BluRay.

I approached this series with very low expectations. Hopefully, I haven't raised my expectations too much for Justice League.

Leave a comment:

• Karri
    replied
    Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
    Except, they aren't fading out at all. Your intolerant wishful thinking has no place in this thread. If you don't like the movies, don't watch them, don't obsess over your hatred for them and don't comment in a thread where actual, intelligent people are commenting on them like normal human beings.
    Hi Hida,

I think I hit a nerve or something?

You can only discuss the movies with "tolerance", "intelligence" and like a "normal human being" if you like them? I think that is the definition of fanboy to be honest.

How many Spiderman movies are there again?

The Punisher series at Netflix is better than anything else produced in the "superhero universe" so far.

If you can't live with that opinion I guess the issue is with you?

Ironman aka Robert I do truly hate, because he's stuck in the same nonsense role as Johnny Depp with Pirates of the Caribbean. Sure, it was funny once or twice but now it's just annoying. Though I do understand that a lot of people prefer just that: repetition of the same(but personally am no fan of soap operas).

Leave a comment:

• The Doctor
    replied
    Finally watched Man of Steel...

Will watch Batman v Superman this weekend and go see Justice League on Christmas Day.

Leave a comment:

• Hida Akechi
    replied
    Originally posted by Karri View Post
    Punisher(series) at Netflix is the only thing out of this superherofrenzy that is actually worth watching on its own. All these movies will fade out in no time since they are mostly garbage, big money productions and fanboy favors(yay, robert downey being a ****, so much fun).
    Except, they aren't fading out at all. Your intolerant wishful thinking has no place in this thread. If you don't like the movies, don't watch them, don't obsess over your hatred for them and don't comment in a thread where actual, intelligent people are commenting on them like normal human beings.

Leave a comment:

• Karri
    replied
    Punisher(series) at Netflix is the only thing out of this superherofrenzy that is actually worth watching on its own. All these movies will fade out in no time since they are mostly garbage, big money productions and fanboy favors(yay, robert downey being a ****, so much fun).

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X