Justice League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justice League

Well, I saw it, and I went in with incredibly low expectations...

...and ended up enjoying it. I was entertained and now I want to see more JL. Lots more (but no stand-alone hero movies, please). That's all I could have asked for. I thought the main villain was very well done, and Wonder Woman was great as usual. Batfleck did his usual fair job of tying everyone together in a group. Flash was a bit awkward to watch, but as a supporting character was good enough. Cyborg was okay...again, just a supporting character. Didn't like Aquaman, but I don't like Jason Momoa and I never did like Aquaman, so there's some bias there to begin with. I won't spoil the other character. Regardless, all of the actors did a good job. Story was good, if simple, but that's all it needed to be. Nothing jumped out to me as being terrible about the movie.

Action was the usual CG fest, but I'm so used to that now I won't rate it as good or bad (it's better than average for certain).

Was it "great", as in it had a "greatness" to it.....nope, just good. And that was all it had to be. Was it better than Marvel movies in general? Nope, but I don't care anymore. I'm done comparing DC and Marvel, I just want more movies that entertain me and put my favorite child-hood comic heroes on the big screen. DC can do it's thing the way they think is best for them, as long as they keep me interested. No more judging, just enjoying. And I did do quite a bit of that during the movie.

Stay for the after-credits scenes, please.
    The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Hmmm was thinking of skipping this - I skipped Suicide Squad, saw BvS on a plane trip and I did pay to see Wonder Woman which was the best of the lot so far (saw the Zack Snyder Superman). I am going to see Thor but really like you just entertained at the moment.

The only film I am really really hyped about is "The Last Jedi".

Comment

I tried watching Man of Steel... Couldn't get through it.

I watched Suicide Squad on cable over the Thanksgiving Holiday... Thought it was intriguing. This made me want to watch Batman vs. Superman... Changed the channel half-way through.

I probably won't pay to see Justice League.

On the flip side... Paid to see Thor Ragnarok for the second time on Thanksgiving Day... Liked it even more than the first time I watched it. Led the wife and I to watch all of Phase One in order on DVD -Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers... Will watch Phase 2 this weekend... Really getting psyched up for Avengers Infinity War.

Growing up, I was much more of a DC fan than a Marvel fan...
      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Oh...choose Thor over Justice League every time you have that choice to make. I like Justice League, and I like it more and more as time goes by, but it's definitely not Thor: Ragnarok.

BTW, the new Avengers trailer is out. And....squeeeee!!!!
        The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
          Oh...choose Thor over Justice League every time you have that choice to make. I like Justice League, and I like it more and more as time goes by, but it's definitely not Thor: Ragnarok.

BTW, the new Avengers trailer is out. And....squeeeee!!!!

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
              The previews to Black Panther looked pretty cool too. Probably a key link from Civil War to Infinity War.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                The previews to Black Panther looked pretty cool too. Probably a key link from Civil War to Infinity War.
                Yeah, I'll agree with that. Black Panther looks great.

So does Deadpool (which has nothing to do with Avengers...or Justice League).

Comment

Have not been able to go see JL yet, but want to. I mean, Wonder Woman. What else does a movie need?

Comment

Will Superman be appearing in Justice League?

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post

I don't see the Fantastic Four in the trailer.

As for Justice League, I'm going to skip it and wait for it to come on the Movie Channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt AFB View Post
                        I don't see the Fantastic Four in the trailer.

That would be because Disney studios (which owns Marvel) doesn’t own the Fantastic Four.
                        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                          That would be because Disney studios (which owns Marvel) doesn’t own the Fantastic Four.
                          Yet.

Fox and Disney are in talks about acquiring Fox's Marvel stuff. If it happens, that means a much-needed reboot (ARRGGHHHH) of X-Men, and some good FF stuff. I do hope they leave Deadpool as is, though.

Comment

Also will the X-men be teaming up with Avengers in any of the Marvel films?

Comment

Originally posted by Merkava188 View Post
                              Also will the X-men be teaming up with Avengers in any of the Marvel films?
                              Some time ago, I remember a person of interest in Marvel Studios stating that if they ever got control of the X-Men universe, they were ready to incorporate it. The claims read like Marvel already had a plan "just in case".

So, we'll see. I assume the answer is a resounding YES. But it will be a new X-Men freshly re-created by Marvel Studios and will have little if any resemblance to Fox's version (good). I do hope they keep Deadpool as is, though.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X