Dirk Gently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirk Gently

I watched season 1 of Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency after seeing a random episode on Netflix.

If season 2 is anything like 1, it's going to be totally off the hook, insane like watching a show where all the characters are Doctor Who on acid. It premiers tonight at 6 pm here. I hope they did it justice after season 1.

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    I watched season 1 of Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency after seeing a random episode on Netflix.

If season 2 is anything like 1, it's going to be totally off the hook, insane like watching a show where all the characters are Doctor Who on acid. It premiers tonight at 6 pm here. I hope they did it justice after season 1.
    Is this yet another case where the US has taken a great BBC production (2012) and screwed it up?
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

I've seen the clips for it, and they didn't raise my interest level enough to want to watch it. Frankly, the history of film is overloaded with the inept secret agent/detective/spy/assassin genre, with nothing that will ever surpass the original Get Smart.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

OMFG is so much better than the drivel on the new Star Dreck or Orville! It is Douglas Adams (aka Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) on acid. They packed an hour of insane WTF, with a capital WTF into that show.

The American southern sheriff... "I don't want to get into a high speed conversation with you..." Priceless..

The female assassin right after killing three people and talking to the only survivor... "I wanted to kill you, but I didn't. How'd you like to be my girlfriend?"

Watching one of the bad guy's henchmen using a spell book and a wand and messing it up was like so Harry Potter parody stupid. Then, the girl he was going to use it on makes it work by accident...

It isn't some spy-type show. I really can't place it anywhere because it goes everywhere and nowhere all at once.
        Last edited by T. A. Gardner; 14 Oct 17, 21:22.

Comment

When the US reworks a British TV show we often get a different take. I saw the actors for "Being Human" on British TV and they looked much more like the characters they were supposed to play. The American version was too much like a Bro-romance for my taste.

What can I say about Dirk Gently? I keep expecting some more of the Lords of the Rings to come dancing on at any second.

I miss Red Dwarf and Black Adder!

Pruitt
          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Well, this time it's right. It is British absurdity and American insanity all rolled into some sort of crunchy taco sushi roll served as fast food...

The new episode was even more insane than the first.

Dirk escapes from the secret government prison by apparently wetting his bed...

There were great lines of insanity in between...

Prisoner in a taxi with a Corgi held by "the government:" "I might help if there was some quid pro quo..."

Government guy "...I don't speak Spanish..."

The sheriff... "This is my deputy..."
            (Female) deputy... "Hi, five days sober..."

Comment

Hey, TA, I watched the first season of Gently and enjoyed it. And, so far, I'm loving the new season. It's quirky enough to keep me interested, and unpredictable enough to be entertaining.
              The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

I gave this one up - too screwy even for TV.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X