Star Trek Discovery.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
    We've just had re runs of OS, TNG, DS9 and Voy on our Horror channel recently. The OS is surprisingly camp for my tastes these days, and each series loses quality. The first season of Tng is truly awful imho, but does pick up, the same with Voyager. DS9 strength is that it is much like B5 (albeit not as good), in that it focuses on the characters first, then slowly proceeds towards a main story arc. Never saw Enterprise.

The ending of Episode 12 of Disco was so awedome, that the latter 3 episodes, while very good indeed, were simply lacklustre in comparison.

The only real problem with Disco, is that it does not feel like a Star Trek series, any more than B5 was, which, in this case, is a very good thing indeed .

Galaxy Quest remains the best 'true' Star Trek entity imho.
    After the first few episodes when I was decrying the way Discovery ignored canon I did begin to like it. I enjoyed that unlike most of trek it had a proper story arc with character development and nit just a collection of independent episodes.
    I did find the last episode a bit of a let down however. The threat to blow up the Kiingom home world could and should have been real. The PC but where the crew essentially said that they would be happy to see Earth destroyed rather than kill Klingons was just too barf inducing.
    "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post
      After the first few episodes when I was decrying the way Discovery ignored canon I did begin to like it. I enjoyed that unlike most of trek it had a proper story arc with character development and nit just a collection of independent episodes.
      I did find the last episode a bit of a let down however. The threat to blow up the Kiingom home world could and should have been real. The PC but where the crew essentially said that they would be happy to see Earth destroyed rather than kill Klingons was just too barf inducing.
      The last episode had too many endings.

The fact that Human Federation members would see Earth destroyed before destroying an enemy homeworld was one of the true fundamentals that they would adhere to imho.

Two Wrongs don't make a Right.

One of the few true Star Trek moments in Disco.
      How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
      Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

The last episode had too many endings.

The fact that Human Federation members would see Earth destroyed before destroying an enemy homeworld was one of the true fundamentals that they would adhere to imho.

Two Wrongs don't make a Right.

The pc star fleet of tng maybe but Kirk would have done. I wouldnít have expected them to have actually done it but to have been prepared to do it if the Klingons hadnít withdrawn. Itís how deterrence works. As it was they gave the bomb to a potential mad dictator on trust.
        "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Star Trek and Disco...two things I never thought of as connected before.

Comment

Wait, wait I found another one:

Comment

Now it is official:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X