Star Trek Discovery.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Trek Discovery.

So what do you guys think? I thought it was kinda slow moving, but other than that watchable.
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Watchable.
    Better than The Orville.
    Will give it a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
      So what do you guys think? I thought it was kinda slow moving, but other than that watchable.
      It's a marketing ploy to get viewers to subscribe CNS All Access Channel, at least here in my area. The program closed by stating that the series could only be seen on All Access.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Meh... Another Star Dreck series... SSDD... How many times can you retread a tire...?

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        It's a marketing ploy to get viewers to subscribe CNS All Access Channel, at least here in my area. The program closed by stating that the series could only be seen on All Access.
        Roku = about $6 a month to get the player. Then you pay for CBS all access... Nah, I'll pass on that too

Comment

The scenes with the Klingon's are so dark that they are practically unwatchable while the Federation has unrestrained lens flair. The series is supposed to be taking place 10 years before Kirk. If so it is 10 years before the rebooted Kirk. Apparently the original series no longer exist in the star trek cannon.

I will continue to watch it only because my GF wants to see it otherwise it would be history to me already.
          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Star Trek Discovery hasn't hit our Brit screens yet (as far as I know)
            At the moment the only two ST series I like are TOS and TNG. I tried getting into the spinoffs that had 'Star Trek' in the title but they bored the krap out of me and I gave up watching..

Comment

Watched the first two episodes on Netflix. Federation seem to be overly and annoyingly wimpy compared to TOS with the exception of the main character who is way too much gung ho.
              "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

So its going to be a meld of Alien and Startrek eh?
                Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

So its going to be a meld of Alien and Startrek eh?
                  Nowhere near as gritty and gripping as Alien. Any time a series has brand new sets that show no sign of human presence or usage, reality takes a major hit.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Already starting to falter IMHO.
                    Going to be one long story arc. Story arcs = poor writing and lack of imagination.

Comment

Still haven't seen it. Don't want to subscribe to another channel. Someone said it was on Netflix but I couldn't find it. Whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
                        Still haven't seen it. Don't want to subscribe to another channel. Someone said it was on Netflix but I couldn't find it. Whatever.
                        While its not gaytrek as promised its still stinky.
                        Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

Anyone know if the series is doing well on streaming? I can't find any numbers. I was hoping it would tank on streaming to punish CBS and force them not to pull that in the future. Unfortunately I also read a lot of reviews where people said they hate the streaming idea but will go ahead and pay to watch.

Side rant: this is why I think we get so little quality for such high prices in America. Businesses can bet on enough consumers bending over and opening wide to justify ignoring the ones that don't.

Hope that isn't the case here.
                          A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
                            Anyone know if the series is doing well on streaming? I can't find any numbers. I was hoping it would tank on streaming to punish CBS and force them not to pull that in the future. Unfortunately I also read a lot of reviews where people said they hate the streaming idea but will go ahead and pay to watch.

Side rant: this is why I think we get so little quality for such high prices in America. Businesses can bet on enough consumers bending over and opening wide to justify ignoring the ones that don't.

Hope that isn't the case here.
                            Pirateship doesn't pirate?

Yar turn in your card...
                            Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

Pirateship doesn't pirate?

Yar turn in your card...
                              Pirateship never pirates.

He only "salvages".

I be hoping this show gets pirated harder than a Spanish treasure galleon though. Twould serve the rogues right.
                              A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X