Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First They Killed My Father

Anyone seen this movie on Netflix?

It's a historical movie based on true story of a five year-old girl being pressed into service as a child soldier while her siblings are forced into hard labor during the Khmer Rouge regime.

Approximately 2 to 3 million Cambodians perished during this time period, a mini-Holocaust, if you will. This is what happens when you attempt to force egalitarian principles upon the society, which rarely work out as intended.

It really reminds me of what my dad went through as a kid when he witnessed the 1956 uprising in Hungary. Soviet tanks rolled into villages, and many were rounded up and taken to places where they were never heard from again. My dad's family was cruelly taken from their home by Soviet troops.

A real heartbreaking movie.
    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Had a University friend who was working out there when the Khmer Rouge took over - never seen again
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X