Original Star Trek's Best Episode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Some others that might fit, although Khan was one of the best ones, would be the two with Harry Mudd. He's sort of a Q-like character that creates great mayhem and fun. Or, the one where they find the portal and go back to 1930. Another good episode.
    I seem to recall reading somewhere that there was going to be a third Harry Mudd appearance in the 4th season, the script or story line had already been written, but of course the show was cancelled.

Comment

So when is Nick Frost going to play Mudd? (Kelvin timeline.)
      Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
      Hyperwar, Whats New
      World War II Resources
      The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

Who can forget the Star Trek version of Hair?

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
          Some others that might fit, although Khan was one of the best ones, would be the two with Harry Mudd. He's sort of a Q-like character that creates great mayhem and fun. Or, the one where they find the portal and go back to 1930. Another good episode.
          Yeah the 1930 one called "City on the edge of Forever" always ranks at or near the top of "best sci-fi ever" polls, and Joan Collins as the sweet innocent english rose who has to die almost stole the show.
          Delirious McCoy dives into the past through the Guardian Portal; Kirk tries to contact the Enterprise but it doesn't exist any more because McCoy has done something in the past that has changed history..

GUARDIAN: Your vessel, your beginning, all that you knew is gone.
          KIRK: McCoy has somehow changed history.
          SCOTT: You mean we're stranded down here?
          SPOCK: With no past, no future.
          UHURA: Captain, I'm frightened.

Captain's log: no stardate. For us, time does not exist. McCoy, back somewhere in the past, has effected a change in the course of time. All Earth history has been changed. There is no starship Enterprise. We have only one chance. We have asked the Guardian to show us Earth's history again. Spock and I will go back into time ourselves and attempt to set right what ever it was that McCoy changed.

PS- a couple of other notable time-travel shows spring to mind from the New Twilight Zone series that speculate whether time-travellers to the past really can change history no matter what they do, or whether the universe will always find a way to keep history unchanged regardless of what they do.
          Both episodes were on youtube last time I looked, the first is "Cradle of Darkness" where a woman goes back to kill newborn baby Hitler to prevent WW2 from happening, and the other is "The Once and Future King" where a guy is accidentally thrown back to 1950's Tennessee and meets the young as-yet-unknown Elvis Presley.
          PPS- I just remembered a film on the same theme (can't remember the title) where a guy goes back to the 1960's to convince President Johnson that he should halt the Vietnam war because it's unwinnable.
          Last edited by Poor Old Spike; 15 Sep 17, 14:29.

Comment

The story within ...

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
            Who can forget the Star Trek version of Hair?
            ... the story; put a pair of groovy ears, a beach towel and a deviled egg on Skip Homeier and he morphs from Rudolf Hess into Timothy Leary!

"I am Groot"
            - Groot

Comment

Spock is on TJ Hooker now, as a LT and he just punched Captain Kirk!!!

Comment

Originally posted by phil74501 View Post
                I seem to recall reading somewhere that there was going to be a third Harry Mudd appearance in the 4th season, the script or story line had already been written, but of course the show was cancelled.
                That episode was done in abridged fashion during the animated Trek series.

Comment

"Patterns of Force" episode-

Comment

Obsession: Is Kirk reacting to a legitimate threat or just out for revenge.

A Taste of Armageddon: (around the 30 second mark)

Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Has it really been that long?

Originally posted by Martok View Post
                      I wouldn't know anything about any of this...
                      http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...ight=star+trek
                      Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X