Movies that aged poorly: Iron Eagle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Just the physics involved in it are insane...

The temperature drops by like 100 C in a matter of minutes freezing everything in sight, yet a blazing hot fire of old library books saves the cast from the same fate... Think about the sheer amount of energy required to be pulled out of the atmosphere to make that happen. The heat from that fire would have been sucked out of it in an instant like a bucket of ice water tossed on it.

Or, storm surges from the ocean that are hundreds of feet high. To get these you need massive rises in air pressure at the epicenter of the storm. That requires winds like Jupiter has that are supersonic...

The whole move is crap science. It's like watching Sharknado without the sharks...
    the teeny boppers/teens love that stuff

Comment

A person watches a blockbuster to complain about the science?

I've just watched the Edge of Tomorrow - Groundhog day meets Aliens, but thoroughly enjoyable.

Watched cheesy Independence day, the original, yesterday. Did I care the science was crap?

When I watch a movie, is the story joined up? Does it fulfill its need?

Unless a film states its about reality, assume its not. Switch off brain and enjoy .
      How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
      Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        Just the physics involved in it are insane...

The temperature drops by like 100 C in a matter of minutes freezing everything in sight, yet a blazing hot fire of old library books saves the cast from the same fate... Think about the sheer amount of energy required to be pulled out of the atmosphere to make that happen. The heat from that fire would have been sucked out of it in an instant like a bucket of ice water tossed on it.

Or, storm surges from the ocean that are hundreds of feet high. To get these you need massive rises in air pressure at the epicenter of the storm. That requires winds like Jupiter has that are supersonic...

The whole move is crap science. It's like watching Sharknado without the sharks...
        There were three Presto Logs that were obscured from view due to camera angle.
        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Only The Strong

http://www.bing.com/images/search?vi...x=3&ajaxhist=0
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I thought it was great. 2 and 3 we're good but 4 really sucked.:deadhorse. If someone ever does a reboot of this movie they should get Samuel L.Jackson to play Chappy.

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
              I still think waterworld is one of the most underrated movies of all time. Not in the sense that it has artistic qualities, but it is very entertaining....
              +1 Perhaps I am too easy to please, but when I watched Waterworld for the first time last night, I enjoyed it very much.
              "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

And never wondered where the gasoline, liquor, cigarettes, engine parts, ammunition and so forth came from on a drowned world?

Comment

Not once. It is Hollywood after all.
                  "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

Yesterday I watched Oliver Stone's "The Doors" on a 25-year old VHS.
                    I believe there are movies that should be watched on VHS, not on DVD. What do you think?
                    "Keep Calm. Use Less X's"

Comment

Originally posted by dmf01 View Post
                      I believe there are movies that should be watched on VHS, not on DVD. What do you think?
                      DVD's have better quality.

Comment

Nostalgia. Though I don't buy anything that's not on blu ray anymore.
                        The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                          Nostalgia. Though I don't buy anything that's not on blu ray anymore.
                          I prefer DVDs. But you are certainly right. And probably, old films don't seem too poorly aged on VHS rather than when seen in digital format.
                          "Keep Calm. Use Less X's"

Comment

I prefer DVDs. But you are certainly right. And probably, old films don't seem too poorly aged on VHS rather than when seen in digital format.
                            I agree with that.

I try to watch the original Star Wars as it was before Lucas started changing things, as an example of what you're referring to. Just seems a lot better that way--oh, and I have the file on my computer, I don't have the old VHS anymore. Though Star Wars isn't a movie that's exactly aged poorly.
                            The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

I'm a big sci-fi fan, but amazingly Star Wars bored me when I first watched it 35 years ago because I felt I was watching a shallow film for kids, and I still feel that way about it.
                              For a really, really deep sci-fi film for grownups you can't beat 'Interstellar'..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X