Movies that aged poorly: Iron Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movies that aged poorly: Iron Eagle

I nominate Iron Eagle! 30 years later this is unbearable to watch.

What do you nominate?

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

I like watching it because it is so stupid....
    off the top of my head, I would say Battle of the Bulge-
    ..really hard to watch--even to see the idiotic moments
    ..beginning with the Germans--just plain silly--etc
    ..dialogue is horrible
    ..the final tank battle abhorring

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin View Post
      I like watching it because it is so stupid....
      off the top of my head, I would say Battle of the Bulge-
      ..really hard to watch--even to see the idiotic moments
      ..beginning with the Germans--just plain silly--etc
      ..dialogue is horrible
      ..the final tank battle abhorring
      Yep, death by rolling barrels is horrible, especially when you are inside a Tiger watching those barrels getting closer and closer with terrible inevitability!

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
      --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

I watched Iron Eagle the other day
        totally fake , but it's a fiction movie
        where as BOB is supposed to be a true story
        I watched BOB, and it's just so slow, slow dialogue, slow ''scenes''
        as someone else said on ACG, hard to make the ''whole'' picture/battle movie correct, compared to the small unit movie

Comment

Iron Eagle is beyond fake - it totally defies common sense, regulations and pretty much the way the entire world works in real life.

It has the maximum BS rating possible.

Battle of Bulge...marginally better...maybe.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Iron Eagle is beyond fake - it totally defies common sense, regulations and pretty much the way the entire world works in real life.

It has the maximum BS rating possible.

Battle of Bulge...marginally better...maybe.
            ...beyond fake--I like it...good call
            ...I ''enjoy'' watching movies like that
            yes, I remember a lot of ''teen'' movies I thought were cool, when I was a teen..
            ...I did see Uncommon Valor, and it was an ''in-between'' movie for me--but still, the dialogue was horrible...I think Patrick Swayze was not good at all--in any movie { RIP }
            ....I never saw IE 2--I take it it was just as bad?
            ..the '' emotional music'' scenes, like in IE, are very 'cliche'

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin View Post
              ...beyond fake--I like it...good call
              ...I ''enjoy'' watching movies like that
              yes, I remember a lot of ''teen'' movies I thought were cool, when I was a teen..
              ...I did see Uncommon Valor, and it was an ''in-between'' movie for me--but still, the dialogue was horrible...I think Patrick Swayze was not good at all--in any movie { RIP }
              ....I never saw IE 2--I take it it was just as bad?
              ..the '' emotional music'' scenes, like in IE, are very 'cliche'
              Never saw Swayze in Ghost? Good film, and he was excellent in Dirty Dancing, as well. Also Red Dawn wasn't too shabby.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Some of the ...

... worst movies by way of ageing, are the 70's era disaster films; the Airport series, Towering Inferno, Earthquake etc. Most featured large cast 2nd tier acting, were contemporary for the 70's with effects that can be hard to watch today; they're just awful. That said, some movies of the era like The Sting, MASH, and American Graffiti aged well; then again, Period Dramas, short on special effects, always seem to age well.
                "I am Groot"
                - Groot

Comment

Originally posted by Marmat View Post
                  ... worst movies by way of ageing, are the 70's era disaster films; the Airport series, Towering Inferno, Earthquake etc. Most featured large cast 2nd tier acting, were contemporary for the 70's with effects that can be hard to watch today; they're just awful. That said, some movies of the era like The Sting, MASH, and American Graffiti aged well; then again, Period Dramas, short on special effects, always seem to age well.
                  the first Airport great--still is ..number 4 horrible--really comedic
                  the large casts of Inferno and Quake did muck them up --but I think they are fun to watch--

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Never saw Swayze in Ghost? Good film, and he was excellent in Dirty Dancing, as well. Also Red Dawn wasn't too shabby.
                    I did not see much of Ghost
                    but he seems so one dimensional/goofy acting...Roadhouse was almost a comedy--like I said above, made for teens..also Red Dawn
                    his sad/mad/furious scenes overdone--Uncommon Valor comes to mind for that
                    ..Robert Duvall is more of a kind of overall--3 dimensional actor
                    ..Greg Peck also--they don't over do it
                    thanks all replies

Comment

The war movie that has most surprised me as far as it being much less than I had remembered it from young adulthood is "The Big Red One". I now find most of the vignettes to be trite. Especially the birth in the tank.

Comment

Never seen Iron Eagle. If its at the same level as Top Gun I don't want to.
                        How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                        Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                          If you can believe it, it's worse than Top Gun. As bad as Top Gun was. And the makers of Iron Eagle committed further sins by making Iron Eagle 2, Iron Eagle 3 and Iron Eagle On The Attack. Sadly Lou Gossett, Jr. was in all four.
                          Last edited by R. Evans; 21 Apr 17, 18:21.
                          Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                            Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
                            If you can believe it, it's worse than Top Gun. As bad as Top Gun was. And the makers of Iron Eagle committed further sins by making Iron Eagle 2, Iron Eagle 3 and Iron Eagle On The Attack. Sadly Lou Gossett, Jr. was in all four.
                            Don't listen to him, Nick! As great as Top Gun was, Iron Eagle was probably the greatest movie ever made, quickly followed by the other three Iron Eagle movies. Lou Gossett Jr turned in stunning performances in each of those movies that was only topped by his role as an alien giving birth while marooned on some inhabitable planet.
                            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Yeah, ...

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                              Don't listen to him, Nick! As great as Top Gun was, Iron Eagle was probably the greatest movie ever made, quickly followed by the other three Iron Eagle movies. Lou Gossett Jr turned in stunning performances in each of those movies that was only topped by his role as an alien giving birth while marooned on some inhabitable planet.
                              ... Lou was a babe in Enemy Mine, gets cards on Mother's Day!

"I am Groot"
                              - Groot

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X