X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cult Icon
    replied
    Originally posted by Artyom_A View Post
    The most lousy TV script in decades ruined potentially great series. You can't do a good film with just picture and characters, you need a story.
    what would you consider a good show?

Leave a comment:

• Skoblin
    replied
    Originally posted by Artyom_A View Post
    The most lousy TV script in decades ruined potentially great series. You can't do a good film with just picture and characters, you need a story.
    Indeed. Looked promising at first, but I eventually bailed out on this show after about episode 5...

Leave a comment:

• Artyom_A
    replied
    Originally posted by Cult Icon View Post
    This is an excellent show. I enjoyed every minute of it.

Leave a comment:

• Cult Icon
    replied
    - Lorna Bow is very likely to be a romantic interest. They are basically husband and wife (and she cares for him, deeply)

-I think the Chemist will die during or after the trip to america. There's no way that he'll be covered in scar tissue for S2.

-Most of the characters on the ship are not very interesting- S2 should have a lot of new ones.

Leave a comment:

• Cult Icon
    replied
    This is an excellent show. I enjoyed every minute of it.

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Originally posted by dmf01 View Post
    It seemed to me a bit dull in episodes 5-7, but the 8th is considerably more vivid.
    There was a great deal of build-up. When Winter was murdered it was, to me, quite a shock.

I expect next season will be more straight-forward. Given the gritty, historic feel to it, I am very interested in the coming season. Certainly the East India Company will not walk away...

Leave a comment:

• dmf01
    replied
    It seemed to me a bit dull in episodes 5-7, but the 8th is considerably more vivid.

Leave a comment:

• Dibble201Bty
    replied
    Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
    Delaney is going establish Canadian-Chinese trade
    point blankets for opium
    maple syrup for century eggs
    Hockey sticks for panda bears
    the possibilities are endless..
    Bulls#1t for Moose milk.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Skoblin
    replied
    Originally posted by Marmat View Post
    ... perspective. Since fully half the cast of the first season has met their demise, and Delaney et. al. are sailing to west, eventually to Vancouver Is., under the stars & stripes, I figure there are some prime vacancies to be filled. OK, there will be more Americans (who didn't do all that well in the finale either), but we're also talking FN folks, Canadians, perhaps a Canadien or two, maybe some HBC after all ... hey, it'll start looking like home - like Ann of Green Gables!
    Delaney is going establish Canadian-Chinese trade
    point blankets for opium
    maple syrup for century eggs
    Hockey sticks for panda bears
    the possibilities are endless..

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Gritty and realistic in a way that is difficult for Hollywood to bring to the screen. That alone makes it worth watching.

Leave a comment:

• Marmat
    replied
    It's all a matter of ...

Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
    I don't know! It got more and more silly and i stopped watching it after that grey haired black bloke went to the interview. I saw the lefty-Liberal, luvvie agenda etched even more into the script and decided there and then to stop watching.

By all accounts though, the ending will make the American liberals happy, especially as the nasty evil redcoats are slaughtered, the Prince of Wales is even more redder with rage and with the East India Company, is left peerless untill the advent of Hitler, the Nazi's and Theresa May.

I feel sorry for you if you, Jennie and Denis if you stayed with it.

Paul
    ... perspective. Since fully half the cast of the first season has met their demise, and Delaney et. al. are sailing to west, eventually to Vancouver Is., under the stars & stripes, I figure there are some prime vacancies to be filled. OK, there will be more Americans (who didn't do all that well in the finale either), but we're also talking FN folks, Canadians, perhaps a Canadien or two, maybe some HBC after all ... hey, it'll start looking like home - like Ann of Green Gables!

Seriously? I'm gonna stay with it, for now anyway. No pity please, I hate that.

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    So, how's finale?
    Adventurous?
    2nd season pending?
    Decent.

Copious violence, a lot of loose ends tied up, and a new chapter clearly marked.

Leave a comment:

• Dibble201Bty
    replied
    So, how's finale?
    Adventurous?
    2nd season pending?
    I don't know! It got more and more silly and I stopped watching it after that grey haired black bloke went to the interview. I saw the lefty-Liberal, luvvie agenda etched even more into the script and decided there and then to stop watching.

By all accounts though, the ending will make the American liberals happy, especially as the nasty evil redcoats are slaughtered, the Prince of Wales is even more redder with rage and with the East India Company, is left peerless untill the advent of Hitler, the Nazi's and Theresa May....Oops! I forgot Trump and Netanyahu, I do apologise!

I feel sorry for you if you, Jennie and Denis, if you stayed/intend to stay with it.

Paul
    Last edited by Dibble201Bty; 03 Mar 17, 16:50.

Leave a comment:

• dmf01
    replied
    So, how's finale?
    Adventurous?
    2nd season pending?

Leave a comment:

• dmf01
    replied
    Thanks for comments, gentlemen

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics