Sherlock Series IV: The Six Thatchers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherlock Series IV: The Six Thatchers

1. Too many guns. Guns, bullets, gunfights, automatic weapons, everyone pointing guns at one another.

2. When you have absolutely no idea what to do with the plot, make someone a highly trained former spy, mercenary, special operative, SAS or RM Commando, Soviet agent, terrorist, or all of the above. Cheap theatrics.

3. How many times is Watson never going to have anything to do with Holmes again?

4. No murders were solved. If the kid hiding in the car died of natural causes, why didn't the autopsy reveal this? Why did the police classify it as a murder? Just because Holmes says it wasn't a murder, with no evidence to show why, that's good enough?

5. Even Mycroft was shown as a prat.

6. Get over it. Moriarity is DEAD!

Based on next week's previews, now Toby Jones is 'the most dangerous man Holmes has ever met.'

Go back to solving complicated murders. It was less insulting to watch.

Cheers,
    Dan.
    So long as men worship the Caesars and Napoleons, Caesars and Napoleons will duly rise and make them miserable.

Aldous Huxley: Ends and Means (1937)

Originally posted by Dan M View Post
    1. Too many guns. Guns, bullets, gunfights, automatic weapons, everyone pointing guns at one another.
    There is no such thing as a show having too many guns or too many naked nubile young women

2. When you have absolutely no idea what to do with the plot, make someone a highly trained former spy, mercenary, special operative, SAS or RM Commando, Soviet agent, terrorist, or all of the above. Cheap theatrics.
    If you remove the aforementioned population all you are left with is a bunch of utter twits with bad teeth.

3. How many times is Watson never going to have anything to do with Holmes again?
    You're not familiar with abusive relationships, I take it?

4. No murders were solved. If the kid hiding in the car died of natural causes, why didn't the autopsy reveal this? Why did the police classify it as a murder? Just because Holmes says it wasn't a murder, with no evidence to show why, that's good enough?
    You watch Sherlock for the process, not the solution.

He's British. No surprise there.

But it is a cool name and a solid linkage to the books.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Based on next week's previews, now Toby Jones is 'the most dangerous man Holmes has ever met.'

Go back to solving complicated murders. It was less insulting to watch.

Cheers,
      Dan.
      Ditto

Comment

Six fookin' Thatchers... one was more than enough!!!
        The long toll of the brave
        Is not lost in darkness
        Over the fruitful earth
        And athwart the seas
        Hath passed the light of noble deeds
        Unquenchable forever.

Comment

I'm surprised that Benedict Cumberland would still want to do another season of Sherlock.

Comment

After looking at this, I went and checked out the first "season", 3 mini-movies.
            Clever, and nicely done, especially the very first one with the Taxi driver. 2nd, not so much, predictable, and the third was great but the scene at the end with Moriarty... weird.

And now, gun-battles?

Now, I don't care about the guns so much, but the body-count is starting to get to me.
            Very few of the original Adventures had any corpses involved. Some of the most interesting didn't even have any violence in them... so why does everything the new Sherlock touches have to involve murders?

He also talks so quickly and low that I can't follow the real pay-off half the time; where he explains his Deductions.

I doubt I will be pursuing this one very much.

Comment

A ridiculous successor to the great Jeremy Brett adaptation..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X