Another Reacher film

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Reacher film

Another Jack Reacher Film. Hopefully this time the villains torture him on the rack for a few hours stretching him out by 6 inches or so before tying him up with loose knots and then surrounding him with thugs who have not discovered that wonderful invention called firearms and therefore just can't shoot him already.

The books contain a few great scenes and insights, filled out with pretty good writing and pacing but flawed by some awfully pathetic plot gaps and inconsistencies. Yet I keep reading them!
    One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions - Admiral Grace Hopper

"The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity."
    Wu Cheng'en Monkey

So do I.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I saw the first one on Netfilx and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. So I'll give this one a look but not until it's in the Redbox most likely.

Comment

I've read four books now. I rarely read fiction but when I do I'm usually looking for pure escapist entertainment. Reacher usually fits the bill. But while I have found that I enjoy the carefully set-up of the plot and enjoy the Reacher's careful calculations, I have found that there is always something disappointing about the endings. There are usually inconsistencies, inauthentic situations or plot holes that I can at least hold me nose and ignore in a book but I think would be too glaring for a movie. For example, although the female villain in Gone Tomorrow is interesting but in real life or in a movie there is a lot that wouldn't ring true.

Comment

Originally posted by lynelhutz View Post
          I've read four books now. I rarely read fiction but when I do I'm usually looking for pure escapist entertainment. Reacher usually fits the bill. But while I have found that I enjoy the carefully set-up of the plot and enjoy the Reacher's careful calculations, I have found that there is always something disappointing about the endings. There are usually inconsistencies, inauthentic situations or plot holes that I can at least hold me nose and ignore in a book but I think would be too glaring for a movie. For example, although the female villain in Gone Tomorrow is interesting but in real life or in a movie there is a lot that wouldn't ring true.
          Agreed, especially about the maths and calculations. And I'd love to see him lose a fistfight and end up in hospital sometime.
          One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions - Admiral Grace Hopper

"The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity."
          Wu Cheng'en Monkey

Comment

Trouble is, Reacher is a decent character, but the Hollywoody supporting stars are no5 carrying equal weight.

Cruise is a respected actor, but he can't carry a film by himself. In the first Reacher film, Duvall's role was almost a caricature, and the fight scene was so clumsily staged as to be unworthy of the name.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X