Stranger Things on Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stranger Things on Netflix

A very excellent series, Stranger Things, on Netflix is well done and I love the 80's vintage. That brought back some of childhood memories as I was born in 1978 and just enough to remember the early part of 80's.

I'm surprised the series only had 8 episodes as most Netflix originals usually have 10 episodes. One thing I like about this series is that the pace is quicker and cuts to main points to move the story along.

The kids are awesome actors, and so is Ryder's acting. The story is interesting enough and dialogue is simply outstanding. Good background stories on main characters, and you could almost feel sorry for them as they go through difficult times.

I think this series is a real winner for Netflix.

What do you say?
    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

I've got it on My List but haven't watched an episode yet. But thanks to your recommendation, I'll get started.

Without giving too much away, what's the overall premise?
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
      I've got it on My List but haven't watched an episode yet. But thanks to your recommendation, I'll get started.

Without giving too much away, what's the overall premise?

Four Goonies, a girl with supernatural powers, a fantasy world in another dimension, and a secret government conspiracy. They're all copied from various 80's flicks. Sounds cool, right?
      Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
        Four Goonies, a girl with supernatural powers, a fantasy world in another dimension, and a secret government conspiracy. They're all copied from various 80's flicks. Sounds cool, right?
        I'll give it a chance.

For the most part, Netflix's shows have been very well done. Happy Valley, Daredevil, River, Marcella, their continuation of Longmire, Bloodlines and others are better than anything on network television.

Comment

Okay Dan, it's got me hooked. Binged the first 4 episodes yesterday while escaping the heat and plan to finish the other 4 sometime this weekend. Very well done series.

Comment

Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
            Okay Dan, it's got me hooked. Binged the first 4 episodes yesterday while escaping the heat and plan to finish the other 4 sometime this weekend. Very well done series.
            Glad that both of us can agree on something despite being from both sides of political spectrum.

BTW, if you haven't seen Star Trek Beyond, I highly recommend you to go out and watch that movie. I loved it very much, and I think you will enjoy it as well.

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Agree wholeheartedly.

I will see the new Star Trek but it will be when it shows up on home viewing. The wife and I really don't go to movies. We very rarely synch up what's watchable together-wise.

Comment

Finished Stranger Things the other day and thoroughly enjoyed it. Can't wait to see what Season 2 brings.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X