Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Favorite TV Show of All Time!

Hey all,

Since Game of Thrones is wrapping up its sixth season relatively soon, Walking Dead is giving me grief, and Sherlock may well never return to the screen, I'm looking to start a new tv series.

So what I ask is that you all might list your favorite show and give a brief bit of reasoning for your choice (such could be any sort whether it be nostalgia or thrill factor, etc). If one of the above three is your favorite show, please feel free to list that, but please list another as well.

Thank you!
    Well95
    "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Breaking Bad. Five seasons of utter amazement. The only TV show to get active support from the DEA.

Beyond that, the high points of British culture: Red Dwarf, YM/YPM, and Black Adder.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
      Breaking Bad. Five seasons of utter amazement. The only TV show to get active support from the DEA.

Beyond that, the high points of British culture: Red Dwarf, YM/YPM, and Black Adder.
      Breaking Bad definitley one of my favorites of all time as well. As with Blackadder!

"I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Comment

Star Trek....The Original....groundbreaking alien babes !!! (sorta)

Comment

Married with Children.
          Others are Law and Order:Criminal Intent,Breaking Bad and Homeland.

Comment

Ripper Street (BBC America). Turn is good, but I doubt you would enjoy the setting.

There is an excellent documentary of the French Resistance in WW2, the defining production, I understand. Its old, so you might have a challenge finding it, but search for it: 'Allo 'Allo.

The Expanse is a superb Sci-Fi production. Season 1 is out, SyFy channel.

HBO has Black Sails, rather good if you are a fan of Treasure Island.

Justified is over, but has many seasons and is one of the few cop shows I watched. Its 'cop action', but engaging.

HBO's The Wire ranks up there with Breaking Bad.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Only Fools and Horses, and Black Adder. I can't part them so I have put them both up.

Paul
              ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
              All human ills he can subdue,
              Or with a bauble or medal
              Can win mans heart for you;
              And many a blessing know to stew
              To make a megloamaniac bright;
              Give honour to the dainty Corse,
              The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

There are 3 that probably tied as my favorite. I can watch the same episodes of "SCTV", "Andy Griffith" and "Twilight Zone" numerous times and I still enjoy them.

Comment

Big fan of the Twilight Zone myself. Will definitley be checking out the Wire soon as well; I've consistently heard good things about that one.

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Rock View Post
                    There are 3 that probably tied as my favorite. I can watch the same episodes of "SCTV", "Andy Griffith" and "Twilight Zone" numerous times and I still enjoy them.
                    Joe Flaherty as James Whitmore in Give 'em Hell Larry...

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Holliday View Post
                      Star Trek....The Original....groundbreaking alien babes !!! (sorta)
                      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                        Joe Flaherty as James Whitmore in Give 'em Hell Larry...

Will definitely have to give that one a look. Thanks for the recommendation!

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X