Two Short Films for Memorial Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Short Films for Memorial Day

The Internet is an amazing thing. I was searching for Memorial Day war movie quotes (mission accomplished) and ran across an interesting post on a site called Beliefnet. The author is Nell Minow, who writes columns as "Movie Mom". The first film is a documentary about an American Spitfire photo-recon pilot in WWII. As you watch it, realize how impossible it would have been to make the movie without the Internet. The second is a short film set in no man's land in WWI. It's based on a true story, but war movie fans will recognize parallels to an iconic scene from "All Quiet on the Western Front" (both versions). Stick around for the awesome twist ending. By the way, sticking with my theme, the Internet can be used to check the veracity of the story. Spoiler alert: it is questionable, but shockingly possible. If you do your research, you'll know why I chose the image to open this thread.

Go here: http://www.beliefnet.com/columnists/...ort-films.html

Unbelievable great films. Thanks man.
    Skip

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• BorderRuffian
      Polls that oversample Democrats
      by BorderRuffian
      Economist/YouGov poll of July 26-28, 2020, has Biden leading Trump by 49-40

Sample size-1500

Party ID
      Democrat-521 (35%)...
      Today, 08:44
    • casanova
      Robi P.
      by casanova
      The Austrian soldier Toni P. of the Radetzky barack in Horn Nether Austria was forced by his commander to make an march with his comrades in 3th August...
      Today, 02:27
    • casanova
      Beirut
      by casanova
      Gigantic explosion in the city of Beirut. 70 people were killed and 2750 men were heavy hurted. The explosion was like atomic bomb. The cause of that...
      Today, 00:47
    Working...
    X