Downfall the movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Wolkey View Post
    Anybody see the Discovery Channel when they proved that Hitler had Parkinsons? There was unedited footage from a Hitler visit to Sweden that showed Hitler's left hand shaking horribly (Germans edited all these sequences out). In all the pictures of Hitler in 44-45 it shows him with his hand held down at his side. All three doctors said without a doubt that he had Parkinsons.

The theory was that his doctors would have told him this in 41 that he only had 4-5 years to live, which explains his fast time table for attacking the Soviets. Also, it shows why he had such advanced signs of aging. Interesting show.
    Very interesting theory.

Just watched this last night. Excellent movie! I think his portrayal as a 'normal' person makes his crimes all the more terrifying. It is a good glimpse into the life of delusional/paranoid personality.
    If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

• I watched this movie-excellent! It left me shaking my head at the total lunacy of the inhabitants of the bunker. I think the medical term is "JPC"-just plain crazy

Has anyone seen the spoofs of this on youtube? The one where the generals tell Hitler his car was stolen is hilarious!

Comment

• Hmmm a mostly 2004-2005 thread, one page of 2006 comments and just a smattering of recent thoughts hehe.

But I only saw this a few months back myself.

I think it was a good film, but I have to admit, the YouTube spoofs where they just use the one sequence over and over to laugh at totally unrelated content has been more useful time wasters actually

Mine fuehrer your car was stolen.

Mine fuehrer, your Xbox Live account was cancelled.

Great stuff hehe.
        Life is change. Built models for decades.
        Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
        I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

• This thread, back from the dead so that PhilipLaos can vote on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cicero View Post
            This thread, back from the dead so that PhilipLaos can vote on it.
            Thanks, have just voted on it (excellent)

I have read the comments here and yes, I saw the documentary 'proving' Hitler had Parkinson's disease and noted that in Downfall, they took every opportunity to show his trembling left hand. Personally, I felt they overdid it - the movie exagerated the trembling if we compare it to the documentary footage.

Have also seen the Youtube parodies using the Downfall footage. Actually, that was how I found Downfall: I typed in 'vuvuzelas' (S.A. World Cup horns) and saw the spoof where Hitler is ranting about the "Damn vuvu..fukin...zelas!" Hilarious! Also, I agreed with Hitler about the bloody horns!
            Last edited by PhilipLaos; 08 Jul 10, 16:45.
            "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
              Klaudia Tanner
              by casanova
              During a speech by the Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner to the soldiers one soldier fell down. The minister helped him to stand up again. The...
              Yesterday, 23:56
            • Karri
              Doom Patrol
              by Karri
              Anyone else following?

IMO, it's one of the rare good things to come from this whole superhero genre (which is really mostly the same as...
              Yesterday, 23:55
            • Nikki
              Iranian Nuclear Program Setback
              by Nikki
              Iran's nuclear program was at an advanced stage, this had to be done. Israel carried out this mission to buy the world some more time....
              Yesterday, 23:03
            Working...
            X