Happy Birthday John Wayne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
    The thing I remember the most about Wayne is that I'm impressed with his willingness to make a patriotic war movie even in middle of Vietnam War, a deeply unpopular war. The first full Wayne movie I saw was the Green Berets.

I think the Green Berets was the last most patriotic war movie, with most of movies being anti-war in post-Vietnam era. I think it would take another decade and a half to see pro-US and heroic war movies to be made again.
    Fully over weight running around in a studio. That had to be his worst film even beating out "Randy rides again".

He made many very entertaining movies with a large fan base but not the best of actors.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
      Fully over weight running around in a studio. That had to be his worst film even beating out "Randy rides again".

He made many very entertaining movies with a large fan base but not the best of actors.
      A strange film,wherein Wayne's character came up with such gems as, " Those Claymore Mines are great! "
      "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
      Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Filmed in Georgia, IIRC.
        Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
        Hyperwar, Whats New
        World War II Resources
        The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X