Jon Snow Leaves The Nights Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Snow Leaves The Nights Watch

John Snow has renounced his position of Lord Commander of the Watch. He may end up being one of the winners in this turbulent mess. Of course, he used to be dead, but, hey...it's Hollywoody...right? Of course a screwy priestess with shadowy demons in her womb and who who burned a little girl alive is going to raise a bastard from the grave.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Its the Night's Watch, and perhaps you shouldn't put spoliers in a title less than 24 hours after the first airing of the show?
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
      Its the Night's Watch, and perhaps you shouldn't put spoliers in a title less than 24 hours after the first airing of the show?
      It's "spoilers"...not "spoliers", genius, and if it bothers you, don't join the thread.

Comment

Blah, I'm more interested in what bat-crazy Lord Bolton does to Rickon Stark. Will he cut off that young boy's private parts and parade him around to discourage anyone from following a Stark? Lord Bolton would have an interest in ensuring no Stark could ever produce a child, that is other than Sansa Stark in whom Bolton probably lost trust and may very well decide to throw her to dogs if she were to be captured.
        Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

You've been warned.
          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post

You've been warned.
            Interesting.
            "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Is it me or has the pace increased now that the screen writers are out ahead of the books?
              • I'm interested in seeing Bran warg with a dragon.
              • With the Nights Watch now in complete disarray, how many brothers (and Wildings) will simply pick up and start following Jon? Any survivors of Stanis' forces? Instant army. First stop, Winterfell?
              • As the survivors come into their own, the prospects for the remainder of the squabbling noble houses would appear to be rather bleak.
              Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

The pacing does seem faster without Martin's involvement.

There doesn't seem to be any reason for a further defense of the Wall at this point, since everyone it was built to keep out is now inside it anyway, except for the White Walkers, and it is virtually undefended anyway.

Is Jon Snow intent on re-taking Winterfell, or on wreaking revenge on the Lannisters and others who have brutalized his family? Personally, I hope he's out for revenge. It's time for the bad guys to start dying off horribly, and Jon still has his wolf.

I had my sights set on Danearys as the ultimate winner, but she seems to have management issues, not to mention some serious animal control issues as well.

If Bran (?) can insert his mind into a dragon, what an awesome weapon that would be.

The Arya portion of the story seems to have bogged down in her apprenticeship as an assassin, for what purpose we can only guess, but revenge might ultimately be her goal. Again, it's about time.

Interesting that the water that kills can also restore eyesight. I need some of that for myself.

Only my opinion, but it's seem high time to thin out the story lines and strengthen the drama by focusing only on the serious players and dropping all the sidelines. Biggest example, this whole unbelievable business with the High Hummingbird, whose unarmed men seem immune to the entire King's army and the Lannisters. Back at the beginning, someone would have simply whipped out a sword and decapitated the High Mudlark and all his Little Mudhens and be done with it, but despite the tremendous increase in mindless violence, and the massive insults to the Queen Mother, the Queen and the King...nothing but tainted philosophical discussions and non-action.

And WHEN is Jamie going to get a fake hand that can hold a sword?

Meanwhile, back at the castle, we seem to have lost our favorite Sellsword and misplaced a few others, while gaining a another son from somewhere to yet another assassinated king. Apparently, one can kill someone who is already dead.

Comment

This is my first season to follow in real time. Thanks to MM's posts, I was highly motivated to secure viewing privileges. The pacing is all different for me - no binge watching over break. Either way, I'm enjoying it.

Comment

He will have to turn around, as he has forgotten his doggy.
                    Wack tac mac hey.
                    Regards.
                    Grishnak.

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
                      This is my first season to follow in real time. Thanks to MM's posts, I was highly motivated to secure viewing privileges. The pacing is all different for me - no binge watching over break. Either way, I'm enjoying it.
                      I hope you were able to see the earlier seasons, Biscuit. Without them, I'm afraid you'll get lost trying to follow all of the characters both large and small.

Unfortunately, Martin wrote it so that the bad guys are always winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        I hope you were able to see the earlier seasons, Biscuit. Without them, I'm afraid you'll get lost trying to follow all of the characters both large and small.

Unfortunately, Martin wrote it so that the bad guys are always winning.
                        Oops - I watched the first 5 seasons this summer on Netflix. Binge watching like there's no tomorrow!

Comment

Dudet. You've not a idea of how cool the 'net' is... I've never seen a single commercial since I moved on...
                          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

It was an effective plot device. The only honorable manner in which Snow could end his watch was to die. Having done that, he is free return to the land of the Seven Kingdoms and wreak what havoc he can.

Personally I want to see Jon Snow fight and kill the little Bolton prick.

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
                              Oops - I watched the first 5 seasons this summer on Netflix. Binge watching like there's no tomorrow!
                              Netflix? I think you mean Amazon? There's no Game of Thrones on Netflix.

Dan
                              Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X