Trailer for "USS Indianapolis: Men of Courage" Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer for "USS Indianapolis: Men of Courage" Released

I am so pi$$ed off right now I can barely type.

I didn't even watch the entire trailer after seeing a battleship portraying a CA and a USN submarine portraying its Japanese counterpart. Now, I know that there are no WWII USN CAs and especially no IJN subs left, but apparently director Mario Van Peebles has not heard of a little thing called GOOD CGI, because the level that's present in that film is on the level of 'direct-to-DVD-$5-Bin-at-Walmart'. If there was ONE episode from the Pacific War that deserved to be told RIGHT, it was THAT ONE, and Hollywood failed at it miserably.
    SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

It's a Nic Cage movie, what do you expect?
    Divine Mercy Sunday: 4/21/2020 (https://www.thedivinemercy.org/message) The Miracle of Lanciano: Jesus' Real Presence (https://web.archive.org/web/20060831...fcontents.html)

Comment

Because the story is all about the ships?
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Could be worse, ...

Originally posted by Matt Jones View Post
        I am so pi$$ed off right now I can barely type.

I didn't even watch the entire trailer after seeing a battleship portraying a CA and a USN submarine portraying its Japanese counterpart. Now, I know that there are no WWII USN CAs and especially no IJN subs left, but apparently director Mario Van Peebles has not heard of a little thing called GOOD CGI, because the level that's present in that film is on the level of 'direct-to-DVD-$5-Bin-at-Walmart'. If there was ONE episode from the Pacific War that deserved to be told RIGHT, it was THAT ONE, and Hollywood failed at it miserably.
        ... could be an "American Warships" (which ironically starred van Peebles) meets "Sharknado", heaven forbid. I suspect also-rans Nicolas Cage, Tom Sizemore and Thomas Jane are in it for the (smallish) paychecks, resulting in a tacky treatment that'll go the way of "Thunderbirds" and "Gods and Generals", but I'll be more than happy if I'm wrong.
        "I am Groot"
        - Groot

Comment

Watch Mission of the Shark with Stacy Keach. I bet it is a whole lot better.

Also Still believe the Jap used Kaiten
          Are we there yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Dano View Post
            Also Still believe the Jap used Kaiten
            Against a moving cruiser?
            Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
            Hyperwar, Whats New
            World War II Resources
            The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

Originally posted by OpanaPointer View Post
              Against a moving cruiser?
              A very fast-moving cruiser. IIRC she was well above cruising speed, and had too many water-tight doors open because of the heat. That's why she went down so fast.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                A very fast-moving cruiser. IIRC she was well above cruising speed, and had too many water-tight doors open because of the heat. That's why she went down so fast.
                I keep seeing a book on kaiten at the local used book store. I guess I'll have to score a copy.
                Hyperwar, Whats New
                World War II Resources

Comment

Only naval captain in American history to be court martialed for losing his ship to enemy action, and having the enemy commander brought in specifically to testify against him.

A very dark day for American naval justice. Darker still for the naval command that didn't even know where their cruiser was to begin with.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Only naval captain in American history to be court martialed for losing his ship to enemy action, and having the enemy commander brought in specifically to testify against him.
                    I nearly jumped on that, until I read the qualifier.
                    Hyperwar, Whats New
                    World War II Resources

Comment

Originally posted by OpanaPointer View Post
                      I nearly jumped on that, until I read the qualifier.

I have no desire to see it because we already know the brutal outcome of the sinking.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

A very dark day for American naval justice. Darker still for the naval command that didn't even know where their cruiser was to begin with.
                        Agreed. Naval justice didn't come close to our core values. What they did to Captain McVay should have been criminal, in and of itself. One of the members at my AL Post that was on the Indianapolis passed away this winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
                          Agreed. Naval justice didn't come close to our core values. What they did to Captain McVay should have been criminal, in and of itself. One of the members at my AL Post that was on the Indianapolis passed away this winter.
                          Unfortunately the Naval Service has a long tradition of devouring its own. What happened to 3/1 Marines over that Haditha imbroglio was only the most recent iteration of that tradition. Who here can forget the grilling that Cdr Lloyd Bucher suffered after finally making it out of North Korea?
                          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                            Unfortunately the Naval Service has a long tradition of devouring its own. What happened to 3/1 Marines over that Haditha imbroglio was only the most recent iteration of that tradition. Who here can forget the grilling that Cdr Lloyd Bucher suffered after finally making it out of North Korea?
                            And, of course, nobody remembers the Calcaterra fighting the Cuban navy.
                            Hyperwar, Whats New
                            World War II Resources

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                              Berlin.1945
                              by casanova
                              The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                              Yesterday, 23:41
                            • casanova
                              AW 169M
                              by casanova
                              The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                              Yesterday, 23:26
                            • JBark
                              What changed?
                              by JBark
                              There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                              Yesterday, 18:54
                            Working...
                            X