Fire and Iron.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire and Iron.

Pretty good show. For those interested in what I feel is the 'real' American experience this show is for you.

http://www.history.com/shows/iron-and-fire
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Another Survivor spin-off.

Comment

No, its about a blacksmith who makes flintlock rifles by hand.

Comment

Originally posted by McMax View Post
        That's what I like about it, handcrafting and rural America.

Though that they cast their own lead bullets and talk about how they like the smell is worrying. Lead fumes?

Also the total lack of safety gear is just plain Ozarks stupid. No safety goggles, no leather apron, and no gloves detract from the show...

Quaint is one thing, stupid is another...
        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

They tried one where the contestants made mostly useless fantastic blades. Watched that exactly once.
          Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by McMax View Post
            Yep...hillbillies with guns. Goes right along with gator guys with guns, Alaskan guys with guns, hunting programs with a lot of guns, and the loner survival guy who was too dumb to bring a gun...not to mention guys who hand forge blades, axes, etc., etc., etc. Oh, yeah, and the former SEAL who goes around shooting off other people's guns.

And did I mention the redneck hillbilly series about a group of the great unwashed and uneducated who defend "their" mountain from the civilized world?
            With guns?

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
              That's what I like about it, handcrafting and rural America.

Though that they cast their own lead bullets and talk about how they like the smell is worrying. Lead fumes?

Also the total lack of safety gear is just plain Ozarks stupid. No safety goggles, no leather apron, and no gloves detract from the show...

Quaint is one thing, stupid is another...
              And we all know that no one can fix stupid.

Comment

I do metal working as a side line. Shop safety is the key. One splinter in the eye and your screwed for life. Beating a piece of steel is a certain way to get such...
                Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

And yet for millennia metal has been worked without the benefit of any protective eye wear, which had yet to be invented.

There's a point in there somewhere, but I'm too tired and in too much pain at the moment to dig it out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X