Old TV Shows.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old TV Shows.

I was perusing the old shows that I remember fondly. I'm atm watching Band of Brothers because it was a good 'old' show. I looked up Hogan's Heroes and was sadly disappointed. The things that made me laugh as a kid just don't do it for me anymore.

So what would you recommend as a fine vintage of a program? I can find just about anything made in the 20th century, so share the memories...
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
    I was perusing the old shows that I remember fondly. I'm atm watching Band of Brothers because it was a good 'old' show. I looked up Hogan's Heroes and was sadly disappointed. The things that made me laugh as a kid just don't do it for me anymore.

So what would you recommend as a fine vintage of a program? I can find just about anything made in the 20th century, so share the memories...
    "Barney miller" can be amusing. Takes you back to another time. I have been watching "combat"..........stories and action a little cheesy, but pretty good for how old it is........

Comment

"Twilight Zone" and black and white "Andy Griffith" stand the test of time for me. I also think "White Shadow" was good. I have been wanting to watch thoee episodes. And "SCTV" still makes me bust up laughing.

Comment

I might recommend the old "Combat" series. The problem is finding it! I was quite young but I remember the Tennessee Ernie Ford Show, The Jack Benny Show and even the original Adams Family. A newer show I like is That Seventies Show, Red Foreman is hilarious! I used to watch "The Outer Limits" and "The Twilight Zone" as well. Any PBS fans remember "Tripods"?

Pruitt
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
          I might recommend the old "Combat" series. The problem is finding it! I was quite young but I remember the Tennessee Ernie Ford Show, The Jack Benny Show and even the original Adams Family. A newer show I like is That Seventies Show, Red Foreman is hilarious! I used to watch "The Outer Limits" and "The Twilight Zone" as well. Any PBS fans remember "Tripods"?

Pruitt
          Ah nostalgia.

I went through that 70's show recently. Pretty funny.
          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

I still find All in the Family entertaining. Although that show would never be allowed on network TV now..

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
              I might recommend the old "Combat" series. The problem is finding it!

Pruitt
              Do you know that youtube is probably both the best friend you will ever have on the net , and your worst ennemy
              You have all the seasons available.BTW , i ignored this serie so thanks !

OOOOOPSS !!Bwaha was faster than Flash Gordon on this one !
              That rug really tied the room together

Comment

I personnaly grew up with this monument of intelligence , and i believe that we need more of these kind.

That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Anzacs still stands the test of time, as do all period dramas with high production values.

Poirot is another re-watchable series.
                  How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                  Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
                    I still find All in the Family entertaining. Although that show would never be allowed on network TV now..
                    Same here.

Stillnhave tonlaugh. Then we had Jackie Gleason from long ago.
                    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Thunderbirds, before they ruined it.

American Bandstand

The Prisoner

The Sweeney

How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                      Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

1950's Captain Kangaroo was really great.
                        Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
                        Hyperwar, Whats New
                        World War II Resources
                        The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

Man, some of you are old! So you should remember some of my favorites: Bronco Lane (after school), Wild Wild West (I watched on a small TV because my brothers outvoted me for Tarzan - who had the last laugh there!), Gilligan's Island (my generations guilty pleasure; BTW - Mary Ann), The White Shadow (I wanted to be a basketball coach at the time), Quark (all five episodes), Tour of Duty (TV will pursue the current hot topic - see "Platoon"), Get a Life (I warped my three year old son with it), Allo! Allo! (I learned sexual innuendo from that show, thank you PBS; BTW - Yvette).

Comment

Originally posted by OpanaPointer View Post
                            1950's Captain Kangaroo was really great.
                            Howdy Doody with Buffalo Bod. aka GW White House.

Mr Rogers
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                              Ah nostalgia.

I went through that 70's show recently. Pretty funny.
                              I just don't like it that a "leg" wears a piece of parachute as a helmet cover.
                              My worst jump story:
                              My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                              As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                              No lie.

~
                              "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X