The Colony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Colony

Who are the bad guys in The Colony or is this another Battle for LA.???? and what is "the factory"???

As far as I can tell, everybody is "the bad guys" in this series, which reminds me very much of live in the old Soviet Union.

I'm honestly having the same trouble you are figuring out who is doing what to whom and why.

I don't think there are any aliens, since the conquerers speak colloquial English with American accents.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Its going to be 'gray' situation: the government is oppressive, the rebels are amoral thugs.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

The bad guys are the alien overlords who are only seen by their drones. Apparently very few humans have direct contact with them. They have partitioned LA and installed a human government.

The factory seems to be an orbital factory where disposable manual labour is needed. People seem to get sent there and never come back.

Lots of stuff is unknown to the viewer and the characters.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianE View Post
          The bad guys are the alien overlords who are only seen by their drones. Apparently very few humans have direct contact with them. They have partitioned LA and installed a human government.

The factory seems to be an orbital factory where disposable manual labour is needed. People seem to get sent there and never come back.

One thing is known is that Rick's skank wife is alive and back to her usual ways.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianE View Post

Wasn't there a whole series just like that years ago? "V" or something like that? They were all lizards wearing people suits?

There is something more than a little off, though, about a star-traveling civilization needing alien (humans) slaves to do their work.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I tried it and didn't care for it. Boring...
              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                I tried it and didn't care for it. Boring...
                Its a slow developer. I just watched ep 6 and it has picked up nicely in both plot and action.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X