The Expanse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Expanse

So far it's been the best scifi that SyFy has done in awhile.

http://www.syfy.com/theexpanse
    Last edited by GCoyote; 27 Jan 16, 19:37.
    Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Good to see another poster interested in this series.

I am also impressed as well.

If I should dare to say this, I think it's a poor man's version of Game of Thrones and Firefly all rolled up into one big show with few subplots going into different directions but tied to the overarching story line.
    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

They are not spending a lot of time on the science of living in space but they aren't ignoring it either. Characters only talk about it when the story takes them to a place where such conversation would be expected.

Comment

It is nice to see a SCIENCE fiction show on tv.

I am enjoying it.

Comment

Looks like SyFy is keeping the past episodes available on their site for the time being.

Comment

I tried to watch some and got denied.

Pruitt
            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

That was way too short a season!

Comment

Yes, it was, and it makes me think the network wasn't sure how it would be received.

Hopefully, they will continue this series.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I heard it was going to be renewed. Looks like they are following the same ten episode format as Vikings as a couple of other cable shows.

Comment

I'm only about four eps in, but I'm enjoying it a great deal. It was a \little slow getting started, but I'm enjoying it a great deal. Its good to see sci-fi with some depth. Too much sci-fi has a WW2-esque good guys/bad guys political non-scenario. This show feels real-you're not sure who is doing what to who.
                    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
                      I heard it was going to be renewed. Looks like they are following the same ten episode format as Vikings as a couple of other cable shows.
                      I expect that we are going to see shorter series in order to keep up quality while keeping budget within bounds.

I have noticed "commercial creep", however. The average show is now barely 40 minutes long in many cases.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

The last two episodes are simply outstanding!

Toward the end of last episode, I caught myself saying, what did just happened? Wow.

Dan
                        Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Working...
                        X