Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The X Files

Starting again this weekend!!
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Don't have cable/dish so will miss this. Meanwhile here's the search page list of related articles ...
    http://www.bing.com/search?q=x-files...cd8a1f1defa602
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
    “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
    Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

I liked it.
      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

It's a decent start, but needs a little fine tuning, IMHO. I think they went straight to the major conspiracy a little too quickly.

Second episode tonight, so we'll see how it develops.

Never have understood, though, why aliens would feel the need to travel in the dead of night with huge lights blazing everywhere from their vessel. I'm thinking their technology is far better than ours, and we can travel without lights at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          It's a decent start, but needs a little fine tuning, IMHO. I think they went straight to the major conspiracy a little too quickly.

Second episode tonight, so we'll see how it develops.

Never have understood, though, why aliens would feel the need to travel in the dead of night with huge lights blazing everywhere from their vessel. I'm thinking their technology is far better than ours, and we can travel without lights at all.

Shock and Awe?
          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
          “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
          Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

Never have understood, though, why aliens would feel the need to travel in the dead of night with huge lights blazing everywhere from their vessel.
            So they don't bump into other UFOs from other planets..

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
              So they don't bump into other UFOs from other planets..

Comment

I thought it was rubbish. This convinces me more than ever that I don't need a TV.

Comment

Project Blue Book, the infamous Air Force effort to totally debunk UFO's, ended up with a sizable percentage of reports that could not be explained away, a lot of them made by trained observers such as pilots, control tower personnel, LEO's and so forth.

Comment

Originally posted by ChazB View Post
                    I thought it was rubbish. This convinces me more than ever that I don't need a TV.
                    A mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open.

Comment

Project Blue Book, the infamous Air Force effort to totally debunk UFO's, ended up with a sizable percentage of reports that could not be explained away, a lot of them made by trained observers such as pilots, control tower personnel, LEO's and so forth.
                      And did those trained observers say they were seeing flying saucers?
                      Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
                      Hyperwar, Whats New
                      World War II Resources
                      The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

Are those your brains on the floor?
                        Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
                        Hyperwar, Whats New
                        World War II Resources
                        The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

So says the person who doesn't like superhero movies.
                          The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by OpanaPointer View Post
                            And did those trained observers say they were seeing flying saucers?
                            "Unidentified Flying Objects". The whole "saucer" bit came from a witness who described what he saw as looking "kind of like a saucer moving through the air" and the media seized on the name.

In fact, UFO's have been described in many different ways by trained observers, and do not seem to fit a universal description.

However, the point remains that the even the Air Force could not explain them all away. Even the Roswell cover-up was ludicrous.

At the same time, however, the government created the ultra secret Majic12 committee in response to a "non-existent threat" ruled to be "nothing but a weather balloon; i.e., even the government didn't believe it's own BS.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X