X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Revenant

Anyone else planning on seeing this?

Opens today.

Based on events involving Hugh Glass in 1823.

And, yes, its the same story as Man in the Wilderness with Richard Harris.

"The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

I will see it, just probably not in a theater. Looks very good.
    The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

When it come to Dish, which will probably be soon.

Lone survivor films are all over the place.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I tried to see it last night. It was sold out. I had to settle for "The Hateful Eight".

Pruitt
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

I want to see the film some time, I am told it is good.
          War is less costly than servitude

Comment

Cost of ticket + cost of popcorn and soda + difficulty parking + danger of sitting for two hours in a public space known for possible terrorist targeting = see it on Dish at home.

I do like deCaprio's acting.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Haha... get someone to drive you and pay your way.

Plus, you are way too cranky for any terrorist to mess with you .
              SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                I tried to see it last night. It was sold out. I had to settle for "The Hateful Eight".

Pruitt
                How did that go...because it doesn't look very good to me.
                The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Seen it on Showbox,somehow before it was released.

It really sets a gritty picture but I'm no expert on US history so can't vouch for the authenticity.

The bear attack is really well done but the "seriously injured man makes it back to civilisation" part of the film must be about 70% of the movie and goes on too long for my liking.

It's also not clear to me why they decided to leave the boat and strike out x-country.

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                    How did that go...because it doesn't look very good to me.
                    Well you have a number of highly skilled actors and some I have never noticed before. If you treat it as a mystery, it is entertaining. I confess to having a soft spot for Jennifer Jason Leigh since "Fast Times at Ridgemont High". If nothing else, the stand in for JJL can certainly take a punch!

Pruitt
                    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

I have been looking forward to it and I intend to see it. It will likely be the film of 2016.

Star Wars ain't got nuttin' on the mountain man era!
                      "Shoot for the epaulets, boys! Shoot for the epaulets!" - Daniel Morgan

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Cost of ticket + cost of popcorn and soda + difficulty parking + danger of sitting for two hours in a public space known for possible terrorist targeting = see it on Dish at home.

I do like deCaprio's acting.
                        I don't care for bozo's acting and I really don't like being crowded. Home theater, Yeah Baby. Though that Star Wars was worth ponying up for. The nieces were more entertaining than the movie was...
                        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                          Well you have a number of highly skilled actors and some I have never noticed before. If you treat it as a mystery, it is entertaining. I confess to having a soft spot for Jennifer Jason Leigh since "Fast Times at Ridgemont High". If nothing else, the stand in for JJL can certainly take a punch!

Pruitt
                          Well, I won't ask anymore about it, as this thread is about a different movie. Thanks!

Comment

Let us know if he gets raped by the bear. This was a big contorversy
                            Are we there yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Dano View Post
                              Let us know if he gets raped by the bear. This was a big contorversy
                              I saw it Friday. He doesn't get raped by a bear. Internet rumor.

Since it's a female Grizzley protecting her cubs it would be somewhat difficult for a rape to occur anyways...
                              "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X