Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• most noteworthy overpowered movie/video game characters

Blade:

I figured I would start of with this one what do the rest of you think?

Vulcan Raven

A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

I always thought super man was boring. He is faster and stronger than any one. He is bullet proof. So of course he wins every time. Not much of a story line.
      "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
      Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
        Vulcan Raven

Well... he was a villain so he is supposed to be almost unstoppable.

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
          I always thought super man was boring. He is faster and stronger than any one. He is bullet proof. So of course he wins every time. Not much of a story line.
          QFT and clap. Invincible = boring. It's more exciting and tense when you know they can get hurt. That's where I like Indiana Jones. He comes out on top, but often gets the crap kicked out of him doing it. The movies don't show him being sore and bruised for two weeks after his adventure.

My next pick:

The big horned demons from the original Doom. The boss fight of the Mars level and you have to fight TWO of them. Never could do it without my trusty iddqd god mode cheat code. Each one required SEVERAL rocket launcher rounds and they could spam you with ranged fire.

A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

I vote for Sinistar...
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinistar

not indestructible but responsible for taking about $37,000 in quarters from me in the late 1980s before i quit in frustration.
            45B10 1986-91

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
              My next pick:

The big horned demons from the original Doom.
              I think you meant this guy:

Depending on where you met the Cyberdemons they could be hard to handle, but they tended not to be very bright.

I agree with the Superman pick. Flight, super-strength, bullet proof, X-ray vision, laser beams from his eyes, super speed, able to fly in space without worrying about air, or the effects of the vacuum, and that whole reversing time ability. All very boring, as the only opponent he can ever be threatened by were other Cryptons.

Speaking of which, the Batman v. Superman movie has already been ruined by the second trailer. We all now know they only fight until Wonder Woman shows up, and then they become BFF's to fight Thing from the Fantastic Four.

Comment

guys, please use an imagehost or link to ACG, eg.

imgbox.com

or else you stretch threads out to unmanageable proportions.
                Zhitomir-Berdichev, West of Kiev: 24 Dec 1943-31 Jan 1944
                Stalin's Favorite: The Combat History of the 2nd Guards Tank Army
                Barbarossa Derailed I & II
                Battle of Kalinin October 1941

Comment

Anyone played by Steven Seagal.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X