Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney MAJORLY Screws Up Star Wars Franchise!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Answer to G.Bocks long post above....

Rey is definately "the other one".

Leia shows no imclination for Force Awarness. It not one of Carrie fisher's strong points as an actress, that "what troubles thee?" look.

Having said that, I still find it difficult to believe that our universe will be dominated by talented members of just the one family.

Its high time to leave the Skywalker's behind. If we want to appeal to my young five year old in 5 years when it really counts, then new plots must be had, to boldly go where no plot has been before.

Otherwaise Star Wars 12 will be dominated by Anakin's great great cousin by his second wife twice removed, who's Force Awarness amounts to playing "The Last Starfighter" against the Kodan Armada, doing the awesome "cherry Blossom Move" to get rid of the evil App for the Death Star.

God sake, why is originality in hollywood so lacking? Too many bloody films based on Marvel and DC comics. I've had it up to here with special; effects, time for movies that make you THINK again.

And Han Solo? He'll be in a wheel chair by the next film, his face plastered together with makeup so thick you could serve it up as pate'.

And Chewbacca won't have aged a bit....not a grey hair to be seen.

And at least there will definately be no EWOKS, or Gungins, or JamJar Stinks.

And we wont have Mark Hamil squashing all his lines together...

"Thereisgoodinyoufatherletgoofyourhate!"

Mark is a true action actor. When called upon to display emotion, however....

Carrie Fisher was in the same class. GREAT as an arrogant beauty, practically spitting at Vader, however, when called upon to display emotion....

Roll on the next film. and drop the damned ticket price!
    My Articles, ALMOST LIVE, exclusive to The Armchair!

Soviet Submarines in WW2....The Mythology of Shiloh....(Edited) Both Sides of the Warsaw Ghetto
    GULAG Glossary....Who Really Killed The Red Baron?....Pearl Harbor At 75
    Lincoln-Douglas Debates

Comment

• Originally posted by Drusus Nero View Post
      and drop the damned ticket price!
      I pay $3 for a matinee showing and $6 for evening at my local theater...those aren't special discounts either...that's before discounts for students, seniors, etc.
      "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain General View Post
        I pay $3 for a matinee showing and $6 for evening at my local theater...those aren't special discounts either...that's before discounts for students, seniors, etc.
        The theater I go to (a popular one) charges around ~ $ 10/11 for a showing and $ 7 for early morning/matinee. The closet one to me (a tiny theater) charges $ 14. I've never been to a theater with your prices.
        Zhitomir-Berdichev, West of Kiev: 24 Dec 1943-31 Jan 1944
        Stalin's Favorite: The Combat History of the 2nd Guards Tank Army
        Barbarossa Derailed I & II
        Battle of Kalinin October 1941

Comment

• I saw it at a Regal multiplex where they've installed lounge recliner seats.
          It's been a long time since I've been to a movie theater and Auburn, WA isn't "the sticks" so the price was about $13-11. The matinees were sold out so we had to do an evening.

Thing is it's the theaters that set the prices for the most part, but the producer of the film seeks a rental and percentage intended to cover the costs of making the film. If the next SW movies a cheap admission, they would have to have cheap production.

What the market will bear.
          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

• Originally posted by Dano View Post
            Still doesn't explain how Rey with no training can be almost equal to the boy who had training.

Again it look Luke how long to master those skills and being a direct offspring to Vader.

Hey if you all enjoyed it more power to you. To me it seems Hollywierd is getting lazy and just re-doing everything since they have no ideas left.
            As far as the sword/lightsabre skills go, having done some fencing in my time, some people have more natural talent at such than most others. Training helps, but speed, reflexes and strength, etc. are partly a born with skill set.

As for the rest of the Jedi skills set, it seems one needs some level of natural/genetic ability, without which no amount of training could provide. Jedi training only enhances, it doesn't create.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drusus Nero View Post
              Answer to G.Bocks long post above....

Rey is definately "the other one".

Leia shows no imclination for Force Awarness. It not one of Carrie fisher's strong points as an actress, that "what troubles thee?" look.

Having said that, I still find it difficult to believe that our universe will be dominated by talented members of just the one family.

Its high time to leave the Skywalker's behind. If we want to appeal to my young five year old in 5 years when it really counts, then new plots must be had, to boldly go where no plot has been before.

Otherwaise Star Wars 12 will be dominated by Anakin's great great cousin by his second wife twice removed, who's Force Awarness amounts to playing "The Last Starfighter" against the Kodan Armada, doing the awesome "cherry Blossom Move" to get rid of the evil App for the Death Star.

God sake, why is originality in hollywood so lacking? Too many bloody films based on Marvel and DC comics. I've had it up to here with special; effects, time for movies that make you THINK again.

And Han Solo? He'll be in a wheel chair by the next film, his face plastered together with makeup so thick you could serve it up as pate'.

And Chewbacca won't have aged a bit....not a grey hair to be seen.

And at least there will definately be no EWOKS, or Gungins, or JamJar Stinks.

And we wont have Mark Hamil squashing all his lines together...

"Thereisgoodinyoufatherletgoofyourhate!"

Mark is a true action actor. When called upon to display emotion, however....

Carrie Fisher was in the same class. GREAT as an arrogant beauty, practically spitting at Vader, however, when called upon to display emotion....

Roll on the next film. and drop the damned ticket price!
              It wasn't "that" long and was mostly a copy-paste.

In answer to you and others questions;

The scripts for the next two films are likely written by now, especially with the next one in pre-production. There might be some adjustments based on viewer feedback, but I'd bet these are close to done deals, whatever the story line evolution will be. I wouldn't be surprised if some locations and sets that are going to be used in both films might have scenes for both shot at same time to cut costs.

Obviously we will see Luke, and likely Lea, at least in the next one if not the third of this series. I expect these next films will likely be more of the Skywalker saga, since this has been the focus and trend so far. Groundwork for other family sagas might emerge from this series, the character Finn might be one direction, then there may be other characters introduced to allow branching potential.

Easy and cheap enough to complain about what has been done and likely will, but as I suggested earlier, what alternate storylines would any of you rather see? Some ideas and suggests would be interesting to kick around, consider. Perhaps they might get traction when time to consider movies 10+

It's the nature of those whom pony up the money to make the films that drives the level of imagination. It's a business and one that lately is a bit risk shy, so everyone wants to "bank" on a more sure deal that is likely to return enough to cover costs and make a profit, especially for rather expensive epics like Star Wars.

Comment

• What I'd like is for Timothy Zhan to take over the franchise. He's written some really good takes on the Star Wars story line.
                Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                  As far as the sword/lightsabre skills go, having done some fencing in my time, some people have more natural talent at such than most others. Training helps, but speed, reflexes and strength, etc. are partly a born with skill set.

As for the rest of the Jedi skills set, it seems one needs some level of natural/genetic ability, without which no amount of training could provide. Jedi training only enhances, it doesn't create.
                  As I said in an earlier post, Rey is already quite able to fight and fight well. One doesn't need the Force to use a lightsaber. Just look at General Grievous...ugh, I can't believe I brought that up.

Also, she was able to defeat Kylo because Kylo took a bowcaster shot a few minutes before.

Nothing outlandishly unbelievable happened during that final lightsaber fight.

What I find refreshing was the lack of hollywood-style martial arts swordfighting. It looked more like a real fight and less like a choreographed dance-off with laser swords.
                  The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

• ^ Agreed. I was thinking more of the "rookie" Finn.

Comment

• Well Finn, even though he was a janitor, still fought pretty well using a lightsaber. As typical as one would expect from a First Order stormtrooper, I guess. He held his own for a bit against Kylo, but wasn't good enough.
                      The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain General View Post
                        That is Kansas. Try living in a real society......

The last movie that I saw in the theater was Attack of the Clones. The tickets were $14 for matinee. I got a plain Nachos for $15 which turned out the be just small bag tortilla chips. I did not realize that the Deluxe Nachos for $20 had the cheese. A large soda for $13 turned out to be only a 16oz cup with mostly ice. What I assumed to be the large was called a Jumbo for $20. Me and the wife never dared to go see another movie in the theater again.

Yeah, and parking was $28.
                        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                          That is Kansas. Try living in a real society......

The last movie that I saw in the theater was Attack of the Clones. The tickets were $14 for matinee. I got a plain Nachos for $15 which turned out the be just small bag tortilla chips. I did not realize that the Deluxe Nachos for $20 had the cheese. A large soda for $13 turned out to be only a 16oz cup with mostly ice. What I assumed to be the large was called a Jumbo for $20. Me and the wife never dared to go see another movie in the theater again.

Yeah, and parking was $28.
                          And I thought our cinemas were expensive.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X