Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will someone have the guts for "the son of Saul"!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergio
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Oh yes, it can. These are the films picked by the politically correct and oh-too-artsy crowd, not by serious students of film, and everybody goes to Cannes to see and bee seen, not to further the film industry in any meaningful way...and did I mention the naked actresses trying for attention?

The Cannes Festival is to furthering quality in films as the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally is to furthering advanced mechanical engineering and fuel economy.
    How does Son of Saul fit into any of what you claim?

Leave a comment:

• Nick the Noodle
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Oh yes, it can. These are the films picked by the politically correct and oh-too-artsy crowd, not by serious students of film, and everybody goes to Cannes to see and bee seen, not to further the film industry in any meaningful way...and did I mention the naked actresses trying for attention?

The Cannes Festival is to furthering quality in films as the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally is to furthering advanced mechanical engineering and fuel economy.
    I disagree.

All the films voted best at Cannes are usually extremely awesome in some degree.

Watchable is another criteria, but Cannes is about Art, not Science, and certainly not Hollywood blockbuster.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
    A "Grand prix du festival de Cannes" cannot be a bad movie.

Leave a comment:

• sebfrench76
    replied
    A "Grand prix du festival de Cannes" cannot be a bad movie.
    After this,your subjectivity is your own guide.
    What this father endures for offering a burial at his son...Well..I surely cannot stand this idea.
    I was completely destroyed by the adaptation of Mc Carthy''s ,"the road"
    I know what I can see and not see.The idea of loosing my boy,or the opposite one,that he's loosing me ,is unbearable.Naive.But still unbearable.

Leave a comment:

• Sergio
    replied
    Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
    I am not sure that i will myself dare to watch this movie.
    Have you planned to watch it ?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/anne-s...b_8472310.html
    It has got amazing reviews and it is something that I had thought that I would probably try and watch at some point.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    No. I don't regard the Holocaust as commercial entertainment.

Leave a comment:

• Will someone have the guts for "the son of Saul"!

I am not sure that i will myself dare to watch this movie.
    Have you planned to watch it ?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/anne-s...b_8472310.html

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X