Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can somebody please give Scott Gimple some ritalin? (Walking Dead Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can somebody please give Scott Gimple some ritalin? (Walking Dead Spoilers)

I note there is no active Walking Dead thread so I may be the only one left watching the show. But I wanted to take some time to rip on director Scott Gimple. I'm not going to be one of the fans howling over Glenn's death (yes, he did die, get used to it). But Gimple needs chug some Ritalin and develop some focus because this series has scenes and episodes jumbled around as if Gimple has the attention span of a coked up hummingbird.

"Okay. Let's open the season with people fighting walkers! And something goes wrong! And the people are panicked! And they're trying to execute their plan! Wait.....we forgot to explain what the plan was. Crap. Okay, flashback. So they find a huge mass of walkers and they need to lead them away from town. So they launch their plan okay now we're back up to speed. And the wolves appear and they fight for their lives. Now Glenn gets eaten. Okay now Rick comes under attack. And the zombies are closing in on his RV and then he - hey let's talk about Morgan, he's cool!"

Take two

and call me in the morning, Gimple.
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

I have been watching it, and I can't help but agree with your assessment. Funny how the guys on the Talking Dead were so emotionally traumatized over Glenn's death. In the world as depicted the odds are against anyone enjoying a very long life. Besides, every now and then you have to shake up the status quo, keep the show interesting.

That was one problem I always had with the various Star Trek series. You always knew only the Ricky Redshirts were going to die.

Comment

It's another zombie movie in a series of ten million or so. Are you expecting Oscar winning performances for some reason? "The Walking Dead" pretty much sums it all up, doesn't it?

And if it's that bad, why are you even watching it to begin with?

Comment

I didn't say it was bad. I said it was jumbled. If Gimple would tell the story in a more linear fashion I would have no complaints. He should have done the first episode in chronological order and finished off the cliffhanger before talking about Morgan.
        A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
          I have been watching it, and I can't help but agree with your assessment. Funny how the guys on the Talking Dead were so emotionally traumatized over Glenn's death. In the world as depicted the odds are against anyone enjoying a very long life. Besides, every now and then you have to shake up the status quo, keep the show interesting.

That was one problem I always had with the various Star Trek series. You always knew only the Ricky Redshirts were going to die.
          Every time a blue shirt buys it they have a therapy episode.

The show guys have found the trend though that being an overall good guy or moral compass turns your shirt red.

Comment

My response has been that it is a marathon, not a sprint. It is flowing just fine for me. Personally, this is one of the best seasons ever. I went to Walker Stalker convention last weekend & met most of the actors.....they were charging an arm & leg for autographs, but it didn't cost a thing to walk up, shake their hands, & tell them how much I enjoyed the show.
            The muffled drums sad roll has beat the soldier's last tatoo. No more on life's parade shall meet that brave and fallen few.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              It's another zombie movie in a series of ten million or so. Are you expecting Oscar winning performances for some reason? "The Walking Dead" pretty much sums it all up, doesn't it?

And if it's that bad, why are you even watching it to begin with?
              You simply don't get it. It is far more than a "zombie movie". You don't go that many seasons & have that strong of an audience with some of the best ratings on TV (and not even network TV) with it just being "a zombie movie".
              The muffled drums sad roll has beat the soldier's last tatoo. No more on life's parade shall meet that brave and fallen few.

Comment

Originally posted by hellboy30 View Post
                My response has been that it is a marathon, not a sprint. It is flowing just fine for me. Personally, this is one of the best seasons ever. I went to Walker Stalker convention last weekend & met most of the actors.....they were charging an arm & leg for autographs, but it didn't cost a thing to walk up, shake their hands, & tell them how much I enjoyed the show.
                It's a little early for me to call it the best. But the story is good. Morgan had a good story to tell I just wouldn't have told it in between a cliffhanger. That's kind of giving a you to the audience. Finish the mission, then talk about Morgan.

I most liked the governor seasons just because those antagonists were more relatable. The terminus cannibals and the wolves are more the Mad Max style exaggerated villains whereas the Governor's crew were people who were definitely going bad but in a recognizable manner. They had rational motives even when doing evil things and weren't just crazy for the sake of crazy.

Comment

By far the best one so far is escaping from the cannibals.
                  Are we there yet?

Comment

I wonder if Glenn is really dead... might be one of those dream sequences.

How in the world did that guy basically let the walker bite him in the back?
                    Why didn't he just push his new buddy away or something... instead he moved him a bit and just took his place. To die.

Hated to see the goat eaten alive.

Rick's new flame sure did kill that walker... clean and neat.

The young guys are getting on my nerves.

I have missed many, many of the episodes because I lost interest. I wanted to see the new one. Don't know how long I will hold out... Sunday night football is usually on. I was bored with the Eagles/Cowboys game this weekend.
                    SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Ugh, forcing myself to watch the series. I called Glenn's inevitable death last season... It just felt like it was his time.

What I'm getting annoyed at are the non-main characters who have become the red shirted ensigns. And the main characters somehow lower their guard just enough to have a mess of zombies do something. I'm all for drama, but my throat is hoarse yelling at the TV over all the dumb things the characters do.

I'll end by saying Carol is the main badass replacing Daryl who's become a bit of an emotional sidekick to Rick. And once Mishonne started talking she wasn't that fun anymore.

Comment

So - any bets on when they'll kill off Rick (if ever) ?
                        Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X