Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Captain America: Civil War

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Captain America: Civil War

    Also often referred to as Avengers Two-point-Five. Naturally I am looking forward to this movie, and I am trying not to spoil it by reading any of the spoiler articles already out there. However I found a site with a few production stills, and thought I would post them here.



    Note who is running to Cap's right, the Winter Soldier himself.



    Stark and the Iron Patriot. One would think this wouldn't be much of a fight.



    I forget the character name of the guy on the left at the moment, but he is the former leader of Cap's Shield Strike Team turned Hydra goon Brock Rumlow.



    Cap fighting Rumlow, it looks like.



    The Scarlet Witch having a migraine.

    A GIF image:



    And another featuring the Black Widow:



    Good stuff, should be another hit for Marvel.

  • #2
    Images from here:

    http://imgur.com/gallery/zjmdb

    Hopefully they will last a bit.

    Comment


    • #3
      So looking forward to this...
      The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
        So looking forward to this...
        Why?
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Why?
          We hear you have a nude scene in this one.
          Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
          Hyperwar, Whats New
          World War II Resources
          The best place in the world to "work".

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Why?
            Because, unlike you, I'm a fan of good movies.
            The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by OpanaPointer View Post
              We hear you have a nude scene in this one.
              That's not me...it's just a surface-to-air missile.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                Because, unlike you, I'm a fan of good movies.
                That's an oxymoron, given that Captain America is based on a comic book and in no way qualifies as a "good movie" in the intelligent sense.

                What you meant to say was that you are easily entertained, right?
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  That's not me...it's just a surface-to-air missile.
                  The Cigarette Missile? Never heard of it.
                  Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
                  Hyperwar, Whats New
                  World War II Resources
                  The best place in the world to "work".

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    That's an oxymoron, given that Captain America is based on a comic book and in no way qualifies as a "good movie" in the intelligent sense.


                    And that's just your uninformed opinion. Nothing more. You can keep it, as I will mine. From some of the drivel you pretend to like, I can't say much good about your poor choice in entertainment, either. But have fun with it...some people have to have dull, un-entertaining aspirations I guess. I won't haunt your posts over your choices.

                    What you meant to say was that you are easily entertained, right?
                    Not actually. The content has to be good. This will be. Sorry if that's beyond your grasp.
                    The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I want to see some parades like this one.

                      Credo quia absurdum.


                      Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        That's "parody"...not "parade"...

                        What really is scary is the willingness of Americans to believe in and to prefer comic books more than serious intellectual content.
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          What really is scary is the willingness of Americans to believe in and to prefer comic books more than serious intellectual content.
                          We can do both.

                          I started this thread because I knew there were other members here who were fans of either Captain America, or the Marvel movies, or both. If you fall into neither category then please stop being petty and leave us alone.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            In other news:

                            'Captain America: Civil War' spoilers: Chris Evans says 'there's no clear bad guy here'

                            The "Captain America: Civil War" promotional material urged everyone to, "Pick a side." And several reports have also lined up heroes on either side of Captain America or Iron Man. But at the end of the day, they all remain heroes, with no clear bad guys in the story.

                            But even with these opposing sides, Evans says he understands the other side's points.

                            He says in his Salt Lake Comic Con appearance, "[This] is tough, because even reading the script, you think I think I agree with Tony in a way, and I do agree that to make this work, you do need to surrender to the group. It can't just be one person saying this is right and this is what we're going to do."

                            But he also points out how the Cap can be right. He points out, and most fans will probably agree, that Captain America's moral compass is unquestionable. That struggle to trust himself and to understand the SHRA is what made the movie interesting, he says.


                            Source: http://www.ecumenicalnews.com/articl...guy-here-34220



                            In addition a preview can be seen here:

                            http://www.bing.com/search?q=captain...3666&FORM=QBLH

                            It may be fake, but still...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Martok View Post
                              In other news:

                              'Captain America: Civil War' spoilers: Chris Evans says 'there's no clear bad guy here'

                              The "Captain America: Civil War" promotional material urged everyone to, "Pick a side." And several reports have also lined up heroes on either side of Captain America or Iron Man. But at the end of the day, they all remain heroes, with no clear bad guys in the story.

                              But even with these opposing sides, Evans says he understands the other side's points.

                              He says in his Salt Lake Comic Con appearance, "[This] is tough, because even reading the script, you think I think I agree with Tony in a way, and I do agree that to make this work, you do need to surrender to the group. It can't just be one person saying this is right and this is what we're going to do."

                              But he also points out how the Cap can be right. He points out, and most fans will probably agree, that Captain America's moral compass is unquestionable. That struggle to trust himself and to understand the SHRA is what made the movie interesting, he says.


                              Source: http://www.ecumenicalnews.com/articl...guy-here-34220



                              In addition a preview can be seen here:

                              http://www.bing.com/search?q=captain...3666&FORM=QBLH

                              It may be fake, but still...
                              Martok,

                              Do what you do best. A summary of the issues, the cause of divide, and the sum of each faction.
                              Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

                              Prayers.

                              BoRG

                              http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              • BorderRuffian
                                Polls that oversample Democrats
                                by BorderRuffian
                                Economist/YouGov poll of July 26-28, 2020, has Biden leading Trump by 49-40

                                Sample size-1500

                                Party ID
                                Democrat-521 (35%)...
                                Today, 08:44
                              • casanova
                                Robi P.
                                by casanova
                                The Austrian soldier Toni P. of the Radetzky barack in Horn Nether Austria was forced by his commander to make an march with his comrades in 3th August...
                                Today, 02:27
                              • casanova
                                Beirut
                                by casanova
                                Gigantic explosion in the city of Beirut. 70 people were killed and 2750 men were heavy hurted. The explosion was like atomic bomb. The cause of that...
                                Today, 00:47
                              Working...
                              X