Killjoys and Dark Matter TV Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killjoys and Dark Matter TV Series

Hey, anyone watch Killjoys or Dark Matter series?

Killjoys is about a band of interplanetary bounty hunters capturing criminals in a futuristic universe. A sort of poor man's Firefly version. Very rough out there and politics is complicated enough as it is.

Dark Matter is about a few people waking up on a space ship and they have no idea who they are as their true identities are somehow hidden from themselves. They work through various circumstances as they try to discover more about themselves and why they're on a space ship. Takes place in a futuristic setting.

They look okay, not so great, but decent enough to watch again.
    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
    Hey, anyone watch Killjoys ...?
    I've seen all the Killjoys' episodes so far. Not great, but for some reason I keep coming back. I think I'll finish out the season.

Cheers,
    Dan.
    So long as men worship the Caesars and Napoleons, Caesars and Napoleons will duly rise and make them miserable.

Aldous Huxley: Ends and Means (1937)

Comment

Originally posted by Dan M View Post
      I've seen all the Killjoys' episodes so far. Not great, but for some reason I keep coming back. I think I'll finish out the season.

Cheers,
      Dan.
      Watched both and meh it's okay. :/
      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Bwaha and Dan M,

Yeah I get the part about Killjoys. It can't replace Firefly as it was one of a kind, and we'll never see like that again, not ever. I think it's trying to be like Firefly, to which I think they should quit doing that and just be its own show.

As Dark Matter....I feel...like so?

Methinks it's time for Firefly to make a return! I think I'll just go rewatching all Firefly episodes and Serenity.
        Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Heh I called it firefly without the humor. Yeah we need to get Joss Whedon to make some more scifi.
          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
            Methinks it's time for Firefly to make a return! I think I'll just go rewatching all Firefly episodes and Serenity.
            I got into Firefly this year and I like the show and its movie spinoff. The main problem is the better actors on the series are working on other shows right now. To get them back would take lots of cash and some quality scripts, which is rare in Hollywood these days! They also killed two cast members off in the movie.

I will continue to admire the series and wish I could find the next great SciFy show to come along.

Pruitt
            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Killjoys was a wash for me. I'm watching Dark Matter, which is a bargain basement version of Firefly IMO, but as noted above the humor isn't there.

I can't say I like it, but it has enough of a plot to keep it on the watch list for now.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Humans is not bad.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4122068/
                Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                  I watched the first ep today, have two more on the DVR. Looks like it might have potential.
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Killjoy and Dark Matter are for those who have suspended all belief and hope in quality entertainment, or intelligent entertainment, either.

Human is interesting, but contains some significant scientific questionable material, such as making androids that can perform sexually.

Nevertheless, Human has a good concept to wrestle with - where is the dividing line between robot and human? What is "intelligence"?
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Episode 7 of Humans is quite gripping. I wonder whats next...

The other two serials... Well killjoys has a quite cute gal but that's about it....
                      Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

Working...
                      X