Week of July 5, 2015: Picture and Quote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week of July 5, 2015: Picture and Quote

“Are you smoking this sh-t so’s to escape from reality? Me, I don’t need this sh-t, I am reality. There’s the way it ought to be, and there’s the way it is.”

Lieutenant Ring on the left and Gunnery Sergeant Thomas Highway on the right from Heartbreak Ridge.

Don't know the quote, though.
    So long as men worship the Caesars and Napoleons, Caesars and Napoleons will duly rise and make them miserable.

Aldous Huxley: Ends and Means (1937)

Comment

“Are you smoking this sh-t so’s to escape from reality? Me, I don’t need this sh-t, I am reality. There’s the way it ought to be, and there’s the way it is.”

Staff Sergeant Barnes: You talking about killing? Hmm? Y'all experts? Y'all know about killing? I'd like to hear about it, potheads. [takes pipe and sniffs] Are you smoking this sh-t so's to escape from reality? Me, I don't need this sh-t. I am reality. There's the way it ought to be, and there's the way it is. Elias was full of sh-t. Elias was a crusader. Now, I got no fight... with any man who does what he's told. But when he don't, the machine breaks down. And when the machine breaks down, we break down. And I ain't gonna allow that... in any of you. Not one. [hands pipe back and spits] Y'all love Elias. Oh, you wanna kick ass. Yeah. Well, here I am, all by my lonesome. And there ain't nobody gonna know. Six of you boys against me. Kill me. [pause] Huh. I sh-t on all of you.
      So long as men worship the Caesars and Napoleons, Caesars and Napoleons will duly rise and make them miserable.

Aldous Huxley: Ends and Means (1937)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X