True Detective, Season 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan M View Post
    Just a POS. What a waste of 90 minutes of my life. It makes the TV show 'Lost' look like a well written series.

The producers and writers should be embarrassed by what they've done. What a waste of acting talent. So much potential wasted so badly. I don't think any of the leads will be putting this on their resumé.

I was so looking forward to a good Detective story, but man, this was bad. Cliché after cliché. I don't mind the bad guys winning, but it has to be logical in the context of the story. This series had no story, an incomprehensible cast of characters most of whom had nothing to offer to the plot, and a finale that left one wondering what had happened.

Please don't let there be a True Detective 3.

Just offering my opinion,
    Dan.
    I'm not sure what you consider a good 'detective story', but what I will credit TD2 for is a case that actually read like a real major case. ie, a complete cluster.

Another point of credibility was the composition of the group; frequently 'task forces' are dumping grounds as line supervisors get rid of their malcontents and screw-ups. There's no advantage in sending a top performer to a special detail; better to ship out the people who are dragging down your unit's stats and drawing attention with their antics. There's always the hope that the detail will last long enough that you'll get a replacement and never see the guy again.

Whenever someone requests a transfer to my division I always examine their assignment history. Their losing supervisor can be relied upon to lie his or her ass off in order to facilitate unloading a dud.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X