Battlestar Galactica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I agree. I think it went in a direction they did not plan on and were not prepared to present properly.
    What?
    Then how can you like it so much?

I thought the series went like clockwork, and had the best possible sort of end; one that was surprisingly good and positive, instead of a mean ending just to shock people.
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
      What?
      Then how can you like it so much?

I thought the series went like clockwork, and had the best possible sort of end; one that was surprisingly good and positive, instead of a mean ending just to shock people.
      Liking a series does not carry some mandate to think it is perfect, at least not in my world.

They did not, in fact, end the series in any deeply meaningful way, but rather left it hanging with humanity down to nothing, the Galactica wrecked, and no idea when the Cylons might find them again, nor was there any attempt to sort out the rather odd notions that machines had souls and a religion of their own.

The real issues of Starbuck and the other Cylon crew members was also left hanging, never to be resolved, and what happened to the hybrid child, not to mention how that little trick was even possible to begin with? Left for a spin off series, no doubt.

"Great" series...not "perfect".
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Oh, I see.
        Well, maybe I can help a little. It was deeply meaningful to me for the following-

The Cylons weren't going to find them, the Colony sank into a Black Hole riddled with nukes, ain't nobody coming back from that. And its safe to say that after 150k years, no base ships are left either. Not as anything but floating space-junk.

I think the message was that once you imitate something to the point of perfection, you have something with more in common with what you were imitating than its point of origin.
        What really would be the difference between an organic machine and an animal? Once you have a working cellular structure, I think its out of the creator's hands.

Starbuck was dead, and was re-created by that great un-knowable they called God. But, you don't really come back from something like that, and once her unfinished business was done her time was up.

The hybrid was "Eve", the missing link, and I thought it was very clever how they tied that in with the Nat Geo article that came out just a couple of months before the series ended.

Oh, yeah, lots of room for spin-offs... but man did they ever blow it with that Caprica thing.
        Instead of going backwards, they should have gone forwards with a few rise & fall of Civilization stories.
        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

You have a different opinion and different standards by which you rate things.

Good for you.

Like I said - "Great" - not "perfect".
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I loved this series, and I'm still upset that Netflix didn't keep it on streaming. I think the characters are what really made the remake great. And the soundtrack was awesome, Bear McCreary is an awesome composer.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X