Mad Max: Fury Road is terrific..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mad Max: Fury Road is terrific..

Just watch it...there's nothing quite like it. The first hour of the movie is some of the most insane cinema ever created..

Zhitomir-Berdichev, West of Kiev: 24 Dec 1943-31 Jan 1944
    Stalin's Favorite: The Combat History of the 2nd Guards Tank Army
    Barbarossa Derailed I & II
    Battle of Kalinin October 1941

It's cartoony and crappy, and departs so far from any semblance of reality at all as to be too stupid to warrant me wasting my time.

"Just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should...or that it's even a good idea."

Goldblum said those classic lines in Jurassic Park and Hollowoody needs to read them daily until they sink in.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

It is difficult to describe in words what I saw. In terms of adrenaline the only other comparison I can think of is the helicopter scene from "Apocalypse Now". Except it goes on for about 1:30 out of the 2:00 running time. It resembles a roller-coaster ride more than movie...

Spiritually, the first hour is a nihilistic celebration of being alive with all the endless death-defying feats. Like Kamikazes, the road warriors fight with suicidal 'elan' and exhibit great joy of battle...

This movie uses a lot of real stunts rather than CGI and has the appearance of 1980s graphic sci-fi like in those Judge Dredd magazines.

The settings are from that era.

The story can be simplified to an endless chase across the desert by a light armed vehicle battalion with various specialized.."combat assets". In its escape, the fuel truck gets unwitting or intentional aids that uses mobile groups, and these end up fighting the hostile battalion. There is even a sequence where they have to deal with getting bogged down in mud. The end involves a pitched final confrontation as those that are being chased turn on their pursuers.
      Last edited by Cult Icon; 18 May 15, 19:41.

Comment

One of the best action movies I have ever seen.
        you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Kind of sad they had to crash his pursuit special AGAIN!
          Are we there yet?

Comment

They should have not remade the original and they will never achieve the cultural impact of the original.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
            --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

What killed the Mad Max series for me was the question of where did they get all the gas for all the cars???
              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Or the tire, engines, repair parts, transmissions, etc., etc. etc...and where do they get all of the weapons? And why do they waste so much time and energy on useless things like body decorations, elaborate hairdos and all of the other time and energy wasting crap that they drag around.

This is, after all, a totally survival-oriented world in which every single action has a direct impact of future survival. There is no place for waste in materials, time or energy.

This POS broke the BS-O-Meter and maxed out the Stink-O-Meter.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

It's not a remake. What makes it stand out is the intense action and visuals & homage to 80's sci-fi like 2000 AD. The action sets a new standard like T2 or other such movies in their time.

It is @ 98% on RT.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/mad_max_fury_road/

Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
                  They should have not remade the original and they will never achieve the cultural impact of the original.

Comment

I saw this flick and agree fully with Cult Icon, this is an f'n awesome flick. It is a great departure from the usual garbage coming from Hollywood in this genre of late (and any genre really.) It is pretty much the exact opposite of the drivel Mountain Man is saying. And it is not a remake and not a reinterpretation of George Miller's earlier work - since Miller did write, direct, and produce it.

This movie is awesome and fully deserves all of the critical praise it is getting as well as the praise by movie goers (people that actually have seen it, I mean.)

Also are people really complaining about the 'realism' in a MAD MAX movie? Stop taking everything so seriously, Jesus.
                    Кто там?
                    Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
                    Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker 19K30 View Post
                        I saw this flick and agree fully with Cult Icon, this is an f'n awesome flick. It is a great departure from the usual garbage coming from Hollywood in this genre of late (and any genre really.) It is pretty much the exact opposite of the drivel Mountain Man is saying. And it is not a remake and not a reinterpretation of George Miller's earlier work - since Miller did write, direct, and produce it.

This movie is awesome and fully deserves all of the critical praise it is getting as well as the praise by movie goers (people that actually have seen it, I mean.)

Also are people really complaining about the 'realism' in a MAD MAX movie? Stop taking everything so seriously, Jesus.
                        Oh I'll see it, just having low expectations will make it better.
                        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Mad Max 5 and 6 are rumored to be prequels...well, the director has released supplementary information (about the back-stories of the characters and the "economics" of the citadel) that goes with the movie in comic book form. I read the first issue and found it interesting, classic 2000AD type pulp.

What stands out is the possibility that 5 and/or 6 may be about the creation of a 'desert oasis' & war machine by Colonel Joe (yes, that Joe)....with the force of arms & fear, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker 19K30 View Post

Except that it didn't come from Hollywood, of course, although some of the filming had to be undertaken in the Kalahari Desert as there was some unseasonable rain in the Broken Hill area of New South Wales.
                            "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                            Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X